Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDS Premium Deployment install fails with x64

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
magnar
1141 Views, 4 Replies

BDS Premium Deployment install fails with x64

I have two seperate deplyments for Building Design Suite Premium (x86 and x64) installing the exact same software and with the same settings..  The x86 installs with out issue but the x64 fails everytime (tried multiple machines)

I've searched all of the logs and for the life of me i cant find the error. Can you please help?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: magnar

Does the 64-bit install on the clients when installing direct from media? 

Make sure the machine meets the prerequisite installs like C++ 2005 and .NET Framework 4.0 before installing.  See if that makes a difference.

You need to install with admin rights with UAC and anti-virus disabled.  If you still have problems, recreate your deployment.  Make sure the share and folder permissions have full write access to everyone.  You should also consider your share as \\servername\sharename instead of additional folders as a UNC path that is too long may cause problems. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
DarrenP

is this whats happening: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=16800261&linkID=9240657&CMP=OTC-RSS...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
DannyHubbard

From the install log there is the following error

MSI (s) (9C:30) [10:27:53:295]: Product: Revit Architecture 2012 - - Error 1327.Invalid Drive: X:\

Are you placing all your content on the server mapped to an X drive, make sure this drive is mapped correctly on the client machines.

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 5
DannyHubbard

In Windows try disabling the User Account Control or check out this document, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937624, then you should be able to install from the deployment.

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report