Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDS 2012 - network installation?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
lelola
242 Views, 3 Replies

BDS 2012 - network installation?

The company that I work for recently purchased 2 single stand-alone seats (separate serial numbers) for Autodesk Building Design Suite 2012, one of which is fully installed on my local computer. We are in the process of switching our current drafting software so we are "testing" Revit to see if it will do what we need it to do. We only purchased 2 at this time but if everything works out, we will have 8-9 seats total.

My question is: is it possible to install one of these on our network so that we can access all the programs, databases, templates, etc. from a central location?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: lelola

No.  That would violate the terms of your license agreement.  What you can do though is purchase network licensed seats and that would allow you to install on an infinite number of machines and you can run as many seats as licenses you own.  You can however make a central location for all of your content databases and drawings.  You just cannot launch the application from a network server or terminal.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
lelola
in reply to: TravisNave

Thank you for the response. I didn't think it was possible either.

How do I go about creating the central location for the databases and such? Is it as simple as copying the files from my local drive to one on the network and then changing the file locations in Revit itself?

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: lelola

Yeah, it should be fairly straight forward.  If you run into any issues, you can post in the Revit forum for detailed instructions. Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report