Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup license server

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
art_turner
539 Views, 1 Reply

backup license server

our single license server went down, fortunately it came right back up with a reboot. but it got us thinking about a backup and IT is going to get a backup ready. i am not interested in the 3 server redundant scheme. When i download license files, inputting the hardware address (MAC or NIC, i cant remember what its called but know how to find it with LMTOOLS) , i then have to concatenate 4 LIC files. My question, is there any way to request these license files with the backup server hardware network address and have them on the backup server, not used, until and unless its put into service.

i thought about having to do all that while half a dozen people are watching me log on to the subscription site, input the information, download the lic files, concatenate them etc., not having done that for a year or so.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
DarrenP
in reply to: art_turner

yes you can do that its in the license agreement

on the back up server just check off the boxes use services, and start server at Power up on the config services tab

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report