Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic refund License LTU

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
andremeier
692 Views, 6 Replies

Automatic refund License LTU

Hello!

We work with Autodesk deployments through SCCM. The computers are staging automatically over a period. These have stand-alone license installed.

Is is not possible to automate the deactivation of these licenses over LTU, VBS or something?

Thanks for your help and kind regards

Andre

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: andremeier

An investment in Network licensing would greatly benefit you.  Since you can refresh your workstation images easily with network seats, because its license is on the server.  Might be something to talk to your reseller about.  It's a one-time only charge.  And in most cases, you can recoup the cost by eliminating seats that are not needed.  You can usually get by with less network seats than stand-alone because they are shared usage. 

Otherwise, imaging and licensing stand-alone is a pain.  I do not recommend it as you will continually have issues. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 7
andremeier
in reply to: TravisNave

Hi Travis
Thank you for your reply. We also have network licenses. However, some of our users work with laptops, travel with them and using the Autodesk Products without internet access (no connection to our environment). That's the problem. So is it correct, that there is no way to automate the license refund?

Kind Regards

Message 4 of 7
ampster401

the users on the network licenses can borrow licenses to take with them when they are not at the office and connected to your network...the catch is they need to borrow them before disconnecting from your network.

Users have the ability to borrow a license thru the Help menu typically depending on the Autodesk software you are referring to.

Message 5 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: ampster401

ampster is right on.  Borrowing will provide your users exactly what they need and you can even use an options file to help limit the scope in which they are able to borrow.  Network licensing gives you all kinds of additional controls and liberties with your licenses.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 7
dgorsman
in reply to: TravisNave

Not to mention that licensing is such a light use of communications its a good candidate for VPN use when there is connectivity.  If the user is going to be offline for some time they can find a location to just connect, borrow a license, and sign off.

As far as I know, no current stand-alone licensing vendor uses a system to track deactivations along with activations.  Everything is always an on-activation, forward-only system.  The only time I've seen otherwise was the old pre-AutoDesk Navisworks Jetstream licenses, and heaven help you if that computer was re-imaged or had a meltdown prior to returning the license to the vendor.  Which is likely why such systems aren't in use.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 7 of 7
Martin_Langolf

Hi Andre,

Thank you for your post.

I would agree with TravisNave and ampster, network licensing would greatly benefit you in managing admin images and licensing behaviour.

You may find additional informations to network licensing under the following link.

Hope this can help.

Martin Langolf

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report