Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutodeskInstallNow.exe - Entry Point Not Found

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Gunner_Skale
5066 Views, 8 Replies

I've been having a problem that alot of people seem to have, an Entry Point not Found error. I first tried to install Autodesk Inventor Pro 2013, because it was the one I had used in the class i took. When i tried to launch it, it gave me errors, which I found out meant it was too old for my OS (I run windows 8.1) After that, I decided to just go with 2015. When I tried to install it, it gave me the Entry Point not Found error, and when I tried Browser Download, it asked for an install path, (left it at C:/Autodesk), then it said "Product download consists of multiple files. At least one file is missing or has not been downloaded yet." I have tried everything I could find, my antiviris is off (Trend Micro), but I do remember a "fix" that said to uninstall my C++ visual librarys, I did that, (noticed that there were about 3 of each), but later in the tutorial, it said to reinstall them using links in the autodesk files, but i could not find said links. If you could help, that'd be great.

Thanks,

John

Detailed Error:

The procedure entry point

?_Getcat@?$codecvt@DDH@std@@SAIPAPBVfacet@locale@2@PBV42

@@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library

C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_Inventor_2015_English_Win64bit_R1_wi_en-US\Setup\LiteHtml.dll.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

I've been getting the same results, very frustrated with the AutoDesk support. I decided to try downloading the 2014 version and it went through withoout a hitch. I've been trying evey download for the 2015 version 64 bit for windows 8 without any luck. Just tried downloading 2015 now and got "The procedure entry point  ?_Getcat@?$codecvt@DDH@std@@SAIPAPBVfacet@local@2@PBV42@@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library C;\AutocadInventor_Autodesk_Inventor_2015_English_Win_64bit_R1_dlm\Setup|LiteHtml.dll". I think there is something wrong with the Autodesk download files. I need some help.

Message 3 of 9
cocoju7
in reply to: RomanPike9583

same here.... 

Message 4 of 9
dozistet
in reply to: Gunner_Skale

Same problem here. I have tried every suggested solution I can find. This simply sucks! I've been on it for over 100 hours now!

Message 5 of 9
Ducati_75
in reply to: RomanPike9583

I have exactly the same problem with the same error message. Tried loading Revit 2015 on my laptop using windows 8.1 64 bit, also turned off the virus protection during installation but the install failed. I also loaded 2014 no problem. Autodesk keep referring me to the forums but as yet there does not seem to be a fix.It seems Revit 2015 and windows 8.1 are incompatible as the dll error appears to be a result of software/operating software syncronising. Has anyone had success loading Revit 2015 on a windows 8.1 operating system? I am wanting to use Revit 2015 to evaluate it for possible use within our office, we currently use Microstation and if this problem is not able to be fixed simply, so I canload it, then the evaluation will be easy.

Joe 

Message 6 of 9
DarrenP
in reply to: Ducati_75

have you tried this yet: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/The-Program-errors-when-I...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
JSpano82

Really? Nobody has come up with a solution for this? I have done browser downloads, install now, download now...to no avail. Then at the behest of other autodesk threads uninstalled visual c++ 2010 redistrutible and reinstalled, as well as .net framework....what is going on here? Please offer ANY suggestions. Trying to download Inventor Pro 2015 win 8 64bit student version.

Message 8 of 9
Ducati_75
in reply to: JSpano82

I refuse to uninstall the c++ programs that are allegedly conflicting with the installation of Revit 2015 on the Windows 8.1 platform, as far as I am concerned there is clearly a major issue here that needs to be resolved by autodesk.How is it that once again software is not compatible with an operating system that has been around for a couple of years. As previously stated the inablility of the sotware to be downloaded is making my assesment of it easy to undertake. I am also looking at Microstation AECOsim that appears to have much more functionality as well as having backward and forward compatability, unlike revit. It also has the ability to open revit files. I am very close to junking the idea of Revit 2015 and moving to Microstation AECOsim, unless Autodesk can supply a fix.

Message 9 of 9
ua64181

window 7 ultimate

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report