Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUTODESK - YOU HAVE FAILED ME! Licensing / Activation of the product

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
tia_chim
898 Views, 18 Replies

AUTODESK - YOU HAVE FAILED ME! Licensing / Activation of the product

I purchased a rental license 4 days ago & have yet to received my serial number although the order confirmation states:

*In rare circumstances it could take up to 24 hours to receive an activation code, however, most orders are fulfilled within 12 hours.

2 days later I receive from the Global Customer Support and Operations- Please allow another day or two for the team to troubleshoot the issue and get your license and product information sent to you.

I have called NSW - Autodesk Australia everyday, only to receive their voice message 99% of the time.

Not being able to using CAD I lose hundreds of dollars everyday, not to mention I have 2 deadlines this week which I am not unable to achieve.

This is my lively hood & AUTODESK is failing to provide temporary measure or advise on status.

Tia

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: tia_chim

Hi Tia,

My apologies for any delay and inconvenience this has caused you.

This is already being worked on under case 09255399 and I'll get back to you once resolved.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 3 of 19
tia_chim
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

The case number is 09258926.

The order number is 25481442124.

I want compensation for all the days I am unable to work because Autodesk has been unable to provide me a serial number to activate my license. Not even a trial version!

I cannot work with CAD. My drawings are stuck in the program & I cant retrieve to send drawings.

Apologies does not help me. I need an outcome.

Message 4 of 19
JoAnn_Hogan

Have you had a trial version before on that specific PC?

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 5 of 19
pendean

What do you mean your files are stuck in the program? AutoCAD doesn't work like that: your DWG files are accessed wherever you saved them (if you saved them).
You can get to them and email them anytime you want, all day long.
Message 6 of 19
JDMather

@tia_chim wrote:

Not even a trial version! 

More information is needed. You should be able to run this without the serial number or activation for 30-days.

Did you already use up your 30-days?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 7 of 19
Super-Aon

i install CAD 2011 Licensing on old computer.but computer old damate .i buy new computer and install Cad 2011 again but i can't activate licensing

please help and sent in formation and let me know ?

please contact me email : wasan.h@th.endress.com

@tia_chim wrote:

I purchased a rental license 4 days ago & have yet to received my serial number although the order confirmation states:

*In rare circumstances it could take up to 24 hours to receive an activation code, however, most orders are fulfilled within 12 hours.

2 days later I receive from the Global Customer Support and Operations- Please allow another day or two for the team to troubleshoot the issue and get your license and product information sent to you.

I have called NSW - Autodesk Australia everyday, only to receive their voice message 99% of the time.

Not being able to using CAD I lose hundreds of dollars everyday, not to mention I have 2 deadlines this week which I am not unable to achieve.

This is my lively hood & AUTODESK is failing to provide temporary measure or advise on status.

Tia

fwfs

Message 8 of 19
JDMather
in reply to: Super-Aon

You should have started a new thread.

Your problem is not the same.

Where did you get the original SN?

How many times has this license been activated?

Exactly what error are YOU getting?

I recommend you contact your VAR.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 9 of 19
tia_chim
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

I've already used the 30 days trial on the computer... revit & autocad
Message 10 of 19
tia_chim
in reply to: pendean

I understand that but I can't make a PDF... can't edit. My colleague has revit 2013 but I can't even use that because revit isn't backward compatible!
Message 11 of 19
jessica.t

Hi Tia,

First, I sincerely apologize for how long it is taking to resolve this issue. But I want to assure you that your case is a high priority and that we are actively working on it. I will keep you posted on its status and if you have any questions in the meantime please do not hesitate to ask. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 12 of 19
tia_chim
in reply to: jessica.t

Jessica,

Sorry does not help. Ive heard that Ive been inconvenience many times by Autodesk.

If my case ""is a high priority" why has it taken 5 days & still waiting to received the serial number??

If Autodesk is "Sorry" they will compensate me for my financial loss! I am running a business & cannot work without my tools!

Message 13 of 19
pendean

Sounds like a great reason not to lease: I wonder what the true story is, whether your reseller is the problem or the system created by Autodesk.

I get the impression they have no clue at Autodesk, so you're receiving lame excuses.
Message 14 of 19
tia_chim
in reply to: pendean

No one Ive dealt with at Autodesk seems to have a clue... they just give me a case number as says it 'high priority'

I wonder how much difference it would make if it was a big order

?
Kind Regards,

Tia Chim

Architect NSW 8589
0412 968 3180412 968 318
Message 15 of 19
tia_chim

This is an email I received from NSW Autodesk.. !!

Good afternoon Tia,

My apologies first off for the lack of communication on my side here at the North Ryde office.

For the last few days I have working to get someone in customer service and technical support to contact you immediately in regards to the request we put forward at the beginning of the week.

Their lack of assistance has been very frustrating. Even on my end they have yet to contact me in regards to this matter.

I have taken this matter up with my superiors and have been advised that I am at a loss in helping any further than what I have been doing (repeatedly sending emails in search of a resolution). In this case all I can offer is my sincerest apologies and sympathy to your situation as I too am having a frustrating time getting any form of response from them.

In any case I have been approved to provide you with their direct email in which you may use to voice your opinions on this matter. I really hope this issue is rectified shortly.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist with and I will endeavour to do what I can from my end.

IS ANYONE WITH ABIT OF CREDENTIAL OUT THERE FROM AUTODESK??? How is this allowed to happen??

Message 16 of 19
pendean

Bump!
Message 17 of 19
jessica.t

Hi Tia,

I followed up with each of your cases and found that the issue has been resolved and that you now have access to your software. We appreciate you working with us to fix the problem and sincerely apologize for the wait, inconvenience, and amount of time it took to fix the issue. If you have any other questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you,

Jessica Thrasher
Message 18 of 19
tia_chim
in reply to: jessica.t

6 days later the serial number arrived yes.

I would like to seek compensation for the income lost. Please advise who I should write to the complaint letter to.
?
Kind Regards,

Tia Chim

Architect NSW 8589
0412 968 3180412 968 318
Message 19 of 19
jessica.t

Hi Tia,

I will connect with you via Private Message and discuss possible options. We definitely want to do everything we can to help you out. Thanks again!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report