Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Vault 2012 FlexLM - Failed to acquire a license

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
Anonymous
2794 Views, 17 Replies

Autodesk Vault 2012 FlexLM - Failed to acquire a license

So I setup a Vault 2012 Pro Server on Windows Server 2008, obtained the license file from Autodesk and everything looks good on the standpoint of the LMTools status. I disabled IPV6 and followed some of the other tips posted to the forums and Wiki articles. I still can not connect. The client sees the instance of Vault but can not obtain a license.

A few questions:

- How does Vault client know where to obtain a license from?

- If the Vault client knows where it gets its license from ADMS, where is this setting? The license file itself?

- What's the best way to debug the issue? I feel like I've tried everything.

Client running Windows 7 x64

Server Windows Server 2008 x86

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

1. its pinging the adms console for a license

2. see above there are no settings in vault

3. you can try some of these: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13107015&linkID=9261340

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 18
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

whats the error number your getting when logging into vault?

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous

I tried the IPv6 tricks already. This is from the server log at the time of login failure.

2/19/2012 10:07:49 PM *******************************************************************
Error: Soap Exception ( mesg-id = 634652860694062500 )
Exception: LicensingError [319] (20)
Stacktrace: 
Server stack trace: 
   at Connectivity.Core.Security.Licensing.a(User A_0, bi A_1)
   at Connectivity.Core.Services.SecurityService.a(User A_0, String A_1, Boolean A_2, bi A_3, Byte[] A_4)
   at Connectivity.Core.Services.SecurityService.SignIn(String userName, String userPassword, String knowledgeVaultName, Boolean readOnly)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.Message.Dispatch(Object target, Boolean fExecuteInContext)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]: 
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at Connectivity.Core.Services.SecurityService.SignIn(String userName, String userPassword, String knowledgeVaultName, Boolean readOnly)
   at Connectivity.Web.Services.SecurityService.SignIn(String userName, String userPassword, String knowledgeVault)
Message 5 of 18
TravisNave

The problem is almost always IPv6 or Firewall related. 

For more information about Network License Manager connectivity issues and IPv6, please see my discussion post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Network-License-Error-1-5-15-and-IPv6/td-p/2982...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous

I turned off the firewall and disabled IPv6. What's the best way to troubleshoot from this point?

Message 7 of 18
TravisNave

When you PING the server, what response do you get?  Also, have you considered using the system environment variables on the ADMS Server.  You will need to check the PING and connectivity from there as well.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous

PING is responding with normal looking IP and Vault client can find the database ok, just can't get the license to work even though FlexLM says everything is ok and licenses are available.

Where can I get info on the environment variables and what they need to be?

..thanks for the help.

Message 9 of 18
DarrenP

here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=8385605&linkID=9240617

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 10 of 18
DarrenP

you need to apply this on the computer where the adms console is

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 11 of 18
TravisNave

This one won't hurt either.  Also on the ADMS.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=7574782&linkID=9240617

Make sure you can access the 27000 and 2080 ports.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

None of this seems to be making any difference at all. I'm just not sure how to debug the issue from this point. I guess I'll try the subscription route and see what they can do. 

This FlexLM thing has got to go...

Message 13 of 18
DarrenP

does flex lm see the vault licenses?

flex lm is going away closer to the end of the year

http://www.flexerasoftware.com/support/eol/flexnet-publisher-end-of-life.htm

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

FlexLM sees the licenses and everthing looks ok in LMTools.

Message 15 of 18
DarrenP

is this happening with every computer?

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 16 of 18
scottmoyse

@DarrenP wrote:

It's still here & I'm having reamarkably similar issues to Thomas. All the usual tricks aren't working. I have FlexLM on one VM & ADMS in another.

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 17 of 18
scottmoyse
in reply to: scottmoyse

@scottmoyse wrote:

@DarrenP wrote:

It's still here & I'm having reamarkably similar issues to Thomas. All the usual tricks aren't working. I have FlexLM on one VM & ADMS in another.

In my case it turned out to be this issue

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 18 of 18
rjay75
in reply to: scottmoyse

Thank you, that Scott for the link. That help my issue too with a new install of Vault Server 2014.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report