Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Support nor Apple Employees can help me install Maya 2015. Please help!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Elizabeth.Eng
370 Views, 2 Replies

Autodesk Support nor Apple Employees can help me install Maya 2015. Please help!

I am trying to make my free, stand-alone educational version of Maya 2015 run on my MacBook Pro (15-in, Late 2013). My laptop has the Mac OSX 10.9.4 software.

My graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M. These specifications are all compatible with Maya 2015. I have confirmed it with this page Autodesk provides.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?id=18844534&siteID=123112

I downloaded Maya 2015 from this page, using Google Chrome http://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/maya

I ensured that I chose Maya 2015, English, and Mac OSX. I went through the Browser Download process, the only download option available.

After opening the .dmg file I got through the download, the installation and activation process were completed in process (I input the serial number and product key I have in the email that was sent to me). After all the steps, the window has confirmed that installation was successful. Meaning, there are supposed to be no errors with my installation.

For good measure, I went into my applications folder to check that Maya 2015 is in my Autodesk file of my Applications folder. And then I restarted my laptop.

I tried to open Maya, but the only window that can open is the Command Window. I have scoured through the entire Command Window, and these are the errors that appear.

// Error: Unable to dynamically load : libUIComponents.dylib

dlsym(0x7f94c490bb40, _JasperSliceDummyFunc): symbol not found //

// Error: DSO <libUIComponents.dylib> failed to load properly or perhaps commandList is incorrect. //

// Error: line 86: Cannot find procedure "buildDefaultHotBoxMenu". //

// Error: line 1: Cannot find procedure "rebuildShowMenu". //

// Error: file: /Applications/Autodesk/mentalrayForMaya2015/scripts/mentalrayUI.mel line 1327: menu: Object 'mainRenderMenu' not found. //

// Error: file: /Applications/Autodesk/maya2015/Maya.app/Contents/scripts/others/drInit.mel line 1538: Object '' not found. //

I then decided to register the particular serial number and product key to my Autodesk account through this window

https://registeronce.autodesk.com/prodreg/lookupSerialNumberSetup.action

I am able to complete all steps on this page, until I need to input a request code. The request code can only be obtained when opening Maya. However, the only window that opens in Maya for me is the Command Window, which does not list a request code. I cannot access a request code.

I have repeated this entire process countless times, ensuring that I have deleted previous files of Maya 2015 on my laptop before starting again (I will describe how I performed this process shortly). I have contacted Autodesk support periodically since June. I have followed all of the advice they have provided. They are extremely unhelpful, and it is clear that they do not know how to resolve my problem. They also refuse to believe that the Maya 2015 file they are providing for Macs is defective.

They have advised me check my internet connection. I have attempted to download Maya with two separate internet connections in two different cities. My internet is reliable. I have disabled my firewalls, and deactivated my antivirus software before downloading anything from Autodesk. I have attempted to download Maya with both Chrome and Firefox (both browsers were up to date). I have also attempted to download/install Maya while my Security & Privacy settings were at “Allow Apps Downloaded From: Anywhere” as opposed to “Mac App Store and its identified developers”.  I have also ensured that all previous files of Maya 2015 were deleted using Terminal before reattempting the reinstallation process. I moved the "maya 2015" and the "mentalrayForMaya" folders into the trash. Then I opened Terminal and typed in the following codes to ensure the files were deleted, "adlmreg –u S <657G1> <2015>.0.0.F

adlmreg –u N <657G1> <2015>.0.0.F" 657G1 is my product key.

Someone, please advise. I do not have the option of running any previous versions of Maya onto my laptop.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: Elizabeth.Eng

Does your school have a Student IT Help Desk, other students or faculty who have been successful with the download and install who could help you with this process?

Sometimes it is very difficult to diagnose a problem unless sitting at the machine exhibiting the problem.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
Elizabeth.Eng
in reply to: JDMather

I am scheduling with a tech person on campus.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report