Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUTODESK SUITE NLM INSTALLATIONS - RUNNING MULTIPLE SERVICES IN LMTOOLS

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
andre.schoeman
1031 Views, 14 Replies

AUTODESK SUITE NLM INSTALLATIONS - RUNNING MULTIPLE SERVICES IN LMTOOLS

Good morning,

I just want to confirm if one can install multiple suites on one server by creating multiple services in LMTOOLS for all the Autodesk Suites used?

I am sure mine use to work and started all the services at the same time, but now I need to stop the service manually and start the service needed to access the NLM license on the network for the specific suite and checked out the license. (Please see attached screenshot)

Also can one still run a Autodesk Product NLM not listed in the suites on the same server, one will probably create again one additional service for this product, but then if one can start all the services at the same time you will not be able to access the license?

Best Regards,

Andre Schoeman

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

You can't run multiple services with same vendor daemon (adskflex.exe). 

you will need to combine the license files into one file one and run one service

more info.

usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS65928

note:you can run other vendor damons (other softwares using felxlm technology) using the same lmtools

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 15
rseiple
in reply to: hashim.mundol

I did combine the license files but one of the Civil 3D 2012 is on subscription and the other is not. The AutoCAD 2011 networked seats and the Civil 3D 2011 network seat work fine but I can only access the non-subscription Civil 3D 2012 seat. Any suggestions? I had tried to create multiple services but it did not seem to like that either. Do I need to install another license manager elseware and will it allow me to do that on the same server?

Message 4 of 15
hashim.mundol
in reply to: rseiple

Please check this

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/07/troubles-with-combining-license-files-missing-lic...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 15
TravisNave

Combining Subscription and Non-Subscription are tricky.  Especially when it comes to previous releases.  Make sure that you generate your files on the same date.  See my combining license files link in my signature for everything you need...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 15
rseiple
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks Travis,

I actually used your guidlines from your combining license files but the file still does not work. I have never had this issue before. It has always worked in years prior. I thought maybe they changed something this year. Autodesk is suggesting I create 2 license managers. Not sure how to do that on the same server or if that is even possible. I am a reseller and this is for a customer so I need to be careful what I put on here. Would you mind looking at the file off line?

Message 7 of 15
TravisNave

Absolutely. Send me a private message with the license(s) attached or pasted.  Smiley Happy

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 8 of 15
rseiple

Here is a copy of the License Manager status report.

--------

Status

--------

Flexible License Manager status on Fri 1/13/2012 09:32

[Detecting lmgrd processes...]

License server status: 27000@SERVER

License file(s) on SERVER: C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\xxxxxxxxxx_ACD2011_2012.lic:

SERVER: license server UP (MASTER) v11.9

Vendor daemon status (on SERVER):

adskflex: UP v11.9

Feature usage info:

Users of 85536ACD_2011_0F:  (Total of 2 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85604CIV3D_2011_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 1 license in use)

"85604CIV3D_2011_0F" v1.000, vendor: adskflex

floating license

xxxxxer sse33 sse33 (v1.0) (SERVER/27000 105), start Fri 1/13 6:24

Users of 85830CIV3D_2012_0F:  (Total of 2 licenses issued;  Total of 1 license in use)

"85830CIV3D_2012_0F" v1.000, vendor: adskflex

floating license

xxxxxe sse46 sse46 (v1.0) (SERVER/27000 205), start Fri 1/13 8:46

Users of 64900CIV3D_F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 1 license in use)

"64900CIV3D_F" v1.000, vendor: adskflex

floating license

xxxxxer sse33 sse33 (v1.000) (SERVER/27000 304), start Fri 1/13 6:24

Users of PLIST:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 73700CIV3D_2010_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 59700CIV3D_2009_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Everything looks fine but the second version of Civil 3D 2012 will not start. Thanks.

Message 9 of 15
TravisNave

Yes, the status looks exactly like I would expect.  On the client with the C3D 2012 that won't start.  What errors are you getting?  Any license error?  Might blow away the CascadeInfo.cas file if it won't connect.  You should have 2 licenses available according to the status enquiry attached.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 10 of 15
TravisNave

The only thing I can potentially see happening here is that you get a -4 error because the 2nd launch of C3D 2012 sees the 64900CIV3D_F Subscription package as full and doesn't fail over to the remaining non-Subscription 2012 license.  You might be able to put the 2012 INCREMENT above the PACKAGE and get lucky. Otherwise, we can probably come up with a adskflex.opt Options file work-around if need be.

EDIT:  Okay, after seeing your LIC file, the license order isn't going to help.  The NLM is successfully combining your subscription and non-subscription 2012 into 2 seats and superseding your 2011 INCREMENT (which is unnecessary) leaving you with the expected 2-ACAD, 2-C3D2012, 1-C3D2011/10/09. 

Try launching your second C3D 2012 and let me know if you get a -4 error and if there is a denial in your log file. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 11 of 15
DarrenP

what autodesk is talking about with 2 license managers is having 2 servers with the license manager on them and splitting the products accordingly

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 12 of 15
TravisNave
in reply to: DarrenP

Right.  A distributed server would potentially be a work-around for this issue.  Then you can simpy use an environment variable to repath the clients.

Depending on how many users need to access these two Civil 3D 2012 seats, I can probably come up with an Options file that would use them right up.  I'll see about working up one now...

Autodesk Forums:
Message 13 of 15
rseiple
in reply to: DarrenP

That is what I thought also but they do not have a second server or wish to install the license manager on a worstation which I have done many times previously. I will try the other recommendations Travis has suggested.

Thanks for your help.

Message 14 of 15
rseiple

I am currently waiting on a reply from the users. They may have already gone home.

Thanks again for you help and suggestions. I will reply back as soon as I here something.

Message 15 of 15
TravisNave

Sounds good.  As a test I created an options file that does a reserve on the 2 seats of C3D2012 and it will take them.  That might be a suitable work-around but you won't know for sure until you can test it with your clients.  My status enquiry shows the following:

Spoiler

Users of 85830CIV3D_2012_0F:  (Total of 2 licenses issued;  Total of 2 licenses in use)

floating license

floating license

1 RESERVATION for GROUP C3D2012 
 1 RESERVATION for GROUP C3D2012

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report