Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Sketchbook 2012 AutoCAD plugin failure

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
jtamagini1
940 Views, 8 Replies

Autodesk Sketchbook 2012 AutoCAD plugin failure

HI

After finally successfully installing the plug of Sketchbook Designer 2012 for AutoCAD and installing SP2 for it, I get the following: "check license failed"  It happens when I try to make a new canvas in AutoCAD and AutoCAD Architecture.  I need help I need to get this up and running.

Thanks

Jeff Tamagini

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: jtamagini1

Do you own a license for Sketchbook 2012?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 9
emily.xu

Please check your Product Info from AutoCAD or ACA, confirm that you're using the right license - BDSU.

BDSU.png

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 4 of 9
jtamagini1

Emily

I have checked and yes my ACA is Building Design Suite and it is Licensed. 

This brings up another question however.  We also have 25 seats of stand alone ACA.  Will the plugin not work if the standalone of ACA is installed with the network license version of Sketchbook Designer?

Again that was just a question, for the record I am currently running the full suite of the network license and still getting that error.

Jeff

Message 5 of 9
emily.xu

I would suggest you to uninstall your AutoCAD and install it from the BDSU and the plugin.

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 6 of 9
jtamagini1

But again.  My AutoCAD and ACA were installed from the Suite.  I was just asking the other question because we also have lots of stand alone ACA that is used on a day to day, but the suite is installed for the instances when people need to use other software like Max.  Basically you have no idea except for saying reinstall

thanks

jeff

Message 7 of 9
emily.xu

Sorry for my misunderstanding about your problem.

For the question, "Will the plugin not work if the standalone of ACA is installed with the network license version of Sketchbook Designer? " The answer is yes, you can work with the plugin even you have standalone ACA. To run the plugin, one BDS license will be used.

From what you replied, you own just one BDS network license, right? If you got the license error when using sketchbook plugin, you should check if any other person was using BDS license or check if there is any unused BDS license in your license server.

Did you get any error code except the message"check license failed"?

If you have any doubt, I will try my best to help with you.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 8 of 9
jtamagini1
in reply to: emily.xu

Emily

No one else is currently using the suite.  I am the only one with it installed as we are in the testing development and deployment phase of rollout.  I get no additional error code on the command line only "check license failed"

Message 9 of 9
emily.xu

Thanks for the update. I would give you my tests and the results:

1  Install AutoCAD with network license from BDSU suite, and also the sketchbook plugin.When I start AutoCAD, it will get BDSU license, as the image I have posted, then I can use the plugin perfectly,check the license manager, one BDSU license is used.

2  Install ACA with standalone license and activate it. There are two scenarios.

Only start standalone ACA, then the plugin will not work,because we just have ACA license, that do not support sketchbook.

If I start network AutoCAD first and get the BDSU license first, then start ACA, the plugin of ACA can work and use the network license,that seems you need get the BDS license first if you use standalone ACA.

Emily Xu
Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report