Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Simulation CFD License problems

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
eszendrei
947 Views, 1 Reply

Autodesk Simulation CFD License problems

I have obtained license for Autodesk CFD 2013 for a new PC (replacement), and haven't been able to get Autodesk CFD to open. After trying a number of suggested fixes over the past week, I downloaded and installed the files again. When I try to open Autodesk CFD, I get a message that the FLEXnet license server manager can't find licensing data, even though that location was input during the installation process. If then I browse and specify the license file (the one that was recently provided), I get a message that a valid license could not be obtained (error[-15.10.10061]).

If I open up LMTOOLS, the server for Autodesk isn't listed (under Service/License File. I also use LMTOOLS for my MSC software (Patran/Nastran; these are working), but I locate that LMTOOLS in a different folder. This doesn't seem to matter, though, since when I open up the LMTOOLS in the Autodesk Network License Manager folder, it lists the MSC server. 

So if the problem is that the Autodesk server isn't listed in LMTOOLS, how can I get it listed there (in addition to the MSC server)? 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: eszendrei

Simply add a new service and configure it for Autodesk. 

My quickstart guide will show you exactly how.  You might also look at my combining license files article because it also explains how to combine the LMTOOLS from multiple vendors. 

For a Quick-Start Guide on configuring the Autodesk License Manager, please see my post for further information:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Quick-Start-Guide-for-Configuring-LMTOOLS/m-p/3...

For the best method to properly combine your license managers, please read my entire thread here and choose the method that best fits your needs:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Combining-License-Files-for-Subscription-and-No...

For best results, respond with any follow-ups here and not in my KB thread. Thanks!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report