Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

slomotrainwreck
Message 1 of 3 (203 Views)

Autodesk Simulation CFD & Mechanical Student - No LTU?

203 Views, 2 Replies
06-23-2013 02:56 AM

I installed Autodesk Simulation CFD (2013) and Mechanical (2014) a few weeks back on my laptop as a student. It was running way too slow so I uninstalled it and re-installed it onto a PC, which activated and ran fine.

However, then I needed to re-install it again onto another computer (and uninstall the old one) but I've been told that I have activated the products on the maximum number of computers. I was wondering if there is any way of transferring the licenses associated with these products to another computer, as the License Transfer Utility for stand alone licenses does not seem to be installed with them.

I'm pretty sure that both the laptop and the PC have stand alone licenses activated on them, but I need to find a way of exporting at least one of them. Any thoughts?

slomotrainwreck
Message 2 of 3 (187 Views)

Re: Autodesk Simulation CFD & Mechanical Student - No LTU?

06-24-2013 01:03 AM in reply to: slomotrainwreck

Found that License Transfer Utility is not installed with CFD, but is with Mechanical. I'm still being told I've reached the maximum number of activations for CFD though. Is there any way to activate CFD again?

Mentor
Darin.Green
Message 3 of 3 (178 Views)

Re: Autodesk Simulation CFD & Mechanical Student - No LTU?

06-24-2013 08:37 AM in reply to: slomotrainwreck

You'll need to contact Autodesk Activation and Registration department at (800) 551-1490

Darin Green
Synergis Technologies

If this resolve your issue/question, give Kudos or Accept as Solution...
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.