Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoDesk Revit System Requirements

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
MattDaigle
825 Views, 2 Replies

AutoDesk Revit System Requirements

Hi, I am trying to decide on a new desktop computer for school and I will be required to frequently use AutoDesk Revit for my program. I customized a Dell computer that I am happy with however before I buy it I want to be certain that I will be able to install and use AutoDesk Revit to its full capacity.

Please could someone confirm if I will be able to run AutoDesk Revit on a Dell computer with the following specs:

Model: Dell XPS 8700

Operating System: Windows 8, 64-bit

Memory: 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 1600 MHz - 4 DIMMs

Video Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 660 1.5G GDDR5

Hard Drive: 2TB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive 6.0 Gb/s 

Again if someone could please confirm that the above system with be capable of running AutoDesk Revit to its full capacity it would be much appreciated.

Thanks! 

-Matt

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: MattDaigle

The specs look as though they meet or exceed the specs listed in the requirements for Revit 2014.  You should not have any problems running the software.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15385625&linkID=21208795#section4

When you configure the machine, make sure that you install a WHQL certified video driver for that card as a clean install (check the box during installation).

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win8-win7-winvista-64bit-320.49-whql-driver.html

Do not use factory video drivers.

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
MattDaigle
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report