Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Revit is freezing during installation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
13martin
540 Views, 3 Replies

Autodesk Revit is freezing during installation

I have just updated my macintosh hard drive and am restoring Revit on the Windows BootCamp. I am re downloading the installation files from autodesk student website since the program has not expired yet. I have been trying to install revit all day/night but when there are "2 of 5 remaining" the installation freezes when the window that says "preparing revit content" comes up. I am in the middle of my last semester of college and am in desperate need to have this program on my computer. Can someone help quick?!?! Fire walls are off. I have tried switching to a different network. Nothing seems to be working. I cant uninstall the parts of revit that has been downloaded because it never gets fully installed, which means it is leaving pieces of the installation on my computer each time i try to install it and it fails. Are there certain files that I need to delete on my computer before trying to installing again? If so, where are they located? Help! Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: 13martin

try this: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=19331146&linkID=21208795

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

depending on your internet connection

it can take several hours to download the revit content

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: DarrenP

Darren is exactly right.  Run the installer.  Let it run overnight.  In the morning you will have Revit.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report