Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Revit 2014 Installation Hard Drive

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
GePichler
916 Views, 3 Replies

Autodesk Revit 2014 Installation Hard Drive

I am having issues installing Acad Revit 2014 on Windows 7 (stand-alone) as it demands on being installed on C:. In my case C is a 64GB SSD with only windows installed on it - obviously too small but without a chance of getting any bigger. Is there a way of installing Revit on an other drive? Thanx a lot!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DannyHubbard
in reply to: GePichler

Check out this previous post on this subject.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Can-t-Install-on-a-non-bootable-Hard-drive/m-p/...

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
dembkod
in reply to: GePichler

GePichleri,

Hello. In most cases you can change the installation path as you are setting up the program installation. If you are installing from a Suite installer it will force the whole suite to be on the same drive.

So if you installed Autocad from the suite installer and then tried to use that same installer and install another program, like Revit on a different drive, the installer will not let you. It wants to keep the installs together.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 4 of 4
GePichler
in reply to: dembkod

Thx for the answer! I will try that then 🙂
Is that a common knowledge because I could not find that on the net.
Thank you very much!
best!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report