Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk product failed to send the required value for SERIALNUM

46 REPLIES 46
Message 1 of 47
JBerns
7529 Views, 46 Replies

Autodesk product failed to send the required value for SERIALNUM

Our client has installed Product Design Suite 2012 on an XP SP3 system with an Intel chipset for video.

Status

Sketchbook Designer     Works

AutoCAD Mechanical     Starts, but displays a message "An Autodesk product failed to send the required value for SERIALNUM.  The error report sent to Autodesk may be incomplete." Mechanical appears to work after that message is dismissed.

Inventor                          Crashes at startup, crash report sent

Showcase                      Crashes at startup, crash report sent

3ds Max Design            Works

Mudbox                          Crashes, crash report sent.

Fusion                            Works

The client has uninstalled, cleaned registry/folders, and reinstalled. The problems persist.

They appear to have an Internet connection. Crash reports are being successfully sent and replies received.

Advice to resolve this would be appreciated.

Best regards,

J. Berns

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAD Administrator
Using Inventor 2022
Autodesk Certified Instructor
Autodesk Inventor 2020 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2017 Certified Professional
46 REPLIES 46
Message 41 of 47

@ kevinwhite815

oh yes your are right

We found now a bad font on our System.

When we delete it Inventor works.

But why this error mesasage ?

It doesent fit to that.

Message 42 of 47
Stanski
in reply to: Andreas.Kramer

Well we gave up trying in the end (since no useful advice came from Autodesk) and bought a new PC with Windows 7 and thus far Inventor seems to work fine on it.

Extremely disappointed to not have had a proper solution to this problem.

Message 43 of 47
Stanski
in reply to: Andreas.Kramer

Problem solved. Got a new machine at work with WIndows 7 on.

Such a shame there's no support for older platforms. Still fairly cheesed off there was no definitive solution to the problem on XP based machines.

Message 44 of 47
yacinebenrahal
in reply to: JBerns

I am also having this problem. I am a student running windows xp (sp3) and have reinstalled inventor pro many times, as you have all said, it crashes at startup and then sends an error report. Any help would be much appreciated.

Message 45 of 47

Everyone should try SolidWorks, it is a better program. SolidWorks is more user friendly, easier to manipulate, and hasn't crashed or given me any problems. SolidWorks is also more affordable than Inventor, and more companies use SolidWorks than inventor because of the price.

Message 46 of 47
austinpaynter
in reply to: JBerns

SOLVED!

OK so i was having this problem along with 3DS max saying something about the .NET framework. So I downloaded the latest >NET (4.5). And Still nothing. Then i went into windows features and realized .NET wasn't even turned on (although i worked before so I don't know what changed or when) but it works now!

Message 47 of 47
VoteCoffee
in reply to: austinpaynter

For my system, the issue was caused by too many characters in windows environmental variables. I deleted items from other programs that were not important and rebooted and it worked like a charm. You can access these settings via: C:\Windows\System32\SystemPropertiesAdvanced.exe OR control panel->system->advanced system properties then click the environment variables button. Delete entries to get it below size. I figured this out because I went to program features and it could not find %windir%, though this symptom may or may not be exhibited.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report