Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk product failed to send the required value for SERIALNUM

46 REPLIES 46
Message 1 of 47
JBerns
7450 Views, 46 Replies

Autodesk product failed to send the required value for SERIALNUM

Our client has installed Product Design Suite 2012 on an XP SP3 system with an Intel chipset for video.

Status

Sketchbook Designer     Works

AutoCAD Mechanical     Starts, but displays a message "An Autodesk product failed to send the required value for SERIALNUM.  The error report sent to Autodesk may be incomplete." Mechanical appears to work after that message is dismissed.

Inventor                          Crashes at startup, crash report sent

Showcase                      Crashes at startup, crash report sent

3ds Max Design            Works

Mudbox                          Crashes, crash report sent.

Fusion                            Works

The client has uninstalled, cleaned registry/folders, and reinstalled. The problems persist.

They appear to have an Internet connection. Crash reports are being successfully sent and replies received.

Advice to resolve this would be appreciated.

Best regards,

J. Berns

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAD Administrator
Using Inventor 2022
Autodesk Certified Instructor
Autodesk Inventor 2020 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2017 Certified Professional
46 REPLIES 46
Message 2 of 47
Anonymous
in reply to: JBerns

Hello,

I Have the same problem :

PDSP 2012, Standalone licence.

Ok for Mechanica...

When I launch Inventor (sp1) :

"Un produit Autodesk n'a pas pu envoyer la valeur nécessaire pour SERIALNUM."

And then I have a CER.

Win 7 x64 (FRENCH), PDSU French.

Any solution ?

Message 3 of 47
phreaker

I too am having this issue on a xp x64 workstation,

I have sent error reports in, i have tried everything listed on other posts and SP1 have tried re-installations to no avail.

from what i can guess it has to do with the inventor authentication and may be a problem with flexnet thou no errors have been logged in the eventlog

Message 4 of 47
josephk86

I too am having the same issue except on a 64bit Windows7 system.

I have tried to uninstall/reinstall, including cleaning up the registry.

I have installed with Antivirus and UAC disabled.

Any helpwould be appreciated.

Thanks,

Message 5 of 47
Stanski
in reply to: josephk86

Same issue here.

XP SP3 32 bit. Recent install, but wasn't a complete format. 

Installed Autodesk Suite 2012. Every package works flawlessly except Inventor which displays the error shown above.

Unusually I did not have C:\Docs...\All Users\ directory on the machine as suggested above.

I have tried the suggested fixes from all the other threads on this forum and none work with 5 or so uninstalls and reinstalls today.

The suggested overall fix cannot seriously be a complete reinstall of XP? I mean really come on! No other program on my machine has this error (I've never seen this type of unresolvable error before), all the other programs in the same software suite work perfectly, there MUST be a solution rather than losing another working day reinstalling XP, updating, configuring network and installing all the necessary software.

I reported one instance of the crash and had a reply from Autodesk within half an hour. I replied with more info and not a peep since. I guess the failure instance isn't high enough to warrant a proper fix, just telling people to completely reinstall their OS which for a several thousand pound software package is utterly ludicrous.

Message 6 of 47

Hello Stanski,

I am very sorry for any inconvenience we caused. We are still trying to find the cause of the issue.

Could you please send the ProductInformation.pit file from your machine to me?

Normally that file is installed under below folder (which is a hidden folder need you enable to show hidden files and folders from Folder Options firstly to find it)

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\AdLM

It's intresting that you have no C:\Documents and Settings\All Users folder, if so please serach the ProductInformation.pit file from your machine and send to me.

My email address is: HelenDOTChenATAutodeskDOTCom

Thank you very much for your patient and support!

Regards,

Helen

Message 7 of 47

Hi Helen,

I have had a reply from Simon who I have forwarded the file you have requsted to.

Thanks

Stanski

Message 8 of 47

Hello Stanski,

OK, I got it. Thank you very much for your feedback.

I will contact Simon offline to get the file to have a check.

Regards,

Helen

Message 9 of 47
Stanski
in reply to: Stanski

Oh brilliant. Now after all the faffing around with it yesterday now none of the other packages work. All I get is "Softlock licence manager" error and nothing works...

Message 10 of 47
Stanski
in reply to: Stanski

So any solution yet?

Silence is hardly convincing or inspiring...

Message 11 of 47

Hello Stanski,

It's really sorry... No better solution yet.... 😞

May I confirm with you that now in your machine all the products have the same problem? Is there some special operations you did in that machine to make other products also failed to launch? Os any OS settings you modified?

Regards,

Helen

Message 12 of 47

I have inventor11 installed on windows7home premium, and it has never opened, it gives the, An autodesk product failed to send the required serial num, and generates an error report. I also have CAD12 and Revit12 on the same OS, both run fine, and all three programs have the same permissions. I don't get it. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, repaired... Nothing' works.

Message 13 of 47

Check windows FEATURES and make sure that 3.5.net framework is enabled.   Check what the system has listed to load for the inventor program at startup, make sure that all Inventor defaults are set to load on startup. 

Message 14 of 47
wwork11

I too am getting the same error message.

I just installed Inventer  2012 with SP1 on a fresh install of Windows 7 64bit.  When I start Inventor it does not even open and give me an error message "An Autodesk product failed to send the required value for SERIALNUM.  The report sent to Autodesk may be incomplete."

Message 15 of 47
wwork11
in reply to: wwork11

Thanks kevinwhite815.

Enabling .NET Framework 3.5 got Inventor working for me.

Message 16 of 47

Unfortunately I do not have 'Features' as I am using XP. 

Message 17 of 47

Super kevinwhite815 and thank you for sharing the tips for Windows 7. 🙂

Hello Stanski,

Could you please try to install the .Net 3.5 SP1 from the 3rd Party folder from installation package? It’s restored in below path in Inventor installation package.

3rdParty\NET\35SP1\wcu\dotNetFramework

Regards,

Helen

Message 18 of 47

I have unistalled and reinstalled 3.5.net framework, the frame work is funtioning propperly. Any other suggestions? I downloaded and installed a fresh copy last night, SAME OLD MSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 19 of 47

Hello Kevin,

I am sorry but I am a little confused... I thought you have resolved the problem about enable .Net 3.5 SP1 from Windows.

Now you installed another copy in another new computer last night (XP OS or Win7?), and meet the same dialog again?

Regards,

Helen

Message 20 of 47

No, it did not correct the missing value for serial num msg. I can attach the error log if you would like.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report