Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Premium Suite 2012 and 2013 - install both suites/backburner issue

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
kspoahar
301 Views, 5 Replies

Autodesk Premium Suite 2012 and 2013 - install both suites/backburner issue

We installed Autodesk Premium Suite 2012, and attempting to install 2013.  It fails when attempting to install the backburner 2013.

We attempted to uninstall the backburner 2012, but we recieve errors and it will not uninstall.  OS is Win 7 x64.  The uninstall states that IE 6 is required for uninstall, or gives failures.

Should we install 2012 without the backburner piece, and install it with 2013?  Or can both reside?

Thanks!

Kim

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: kspoahar

backburner is only needed with 3ds max design if your not going to use it don't install it

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: DarrenP

I agree with Darren.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 6
kspoahar
in reply to: TravisNave

We do plan to use the 3ds max.  So should we not install it for one but use the other, or are there issues with both versions residing on the same machine?

Message 5 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: kspoahar

Typically, Autodesk products all play well together... even between release years. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 6
kspoahar
in reply to: TravisNave

when we attempted to install 2013, in order for the suite to install, we had to uncheck the backburner piece within the 3ds max design in order for installation to complete.

uninstalling the 2011 via add/remove programs in Win 7 will not complete.  Its as if the install package was created for a version other than windows 7.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report