Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk on Multiple Computers

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
gregmanx
278 Views, 2 Replies

Autodesk on Multiple Computers

I own the Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite which I installed on my MacBook Pro, and I will soon be getting a new PC laptop. Will I be able to install the suite on the new PC in addition to the MacBook Pro? I believe so, but what I'm worried about is whether or not I will be able to install it on my PC desktop too. I have a MacBook Pro for personal use, a Windows PC for professional use, and am getting a Windows PC laptop for additional use and backup. Once I have the suite installed on both my mac and pc laptop, what about my desktop? Will the only way to use it on the desktop be to transfer the license one-way so I can now use it on the desktop but not the one I transferred it from? This whole thing is just confusing to me. I'll add one last thing. My purpose is to be able to:

Run Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite on three computers.

If that doesn't work, then my contingency plan would be to:

Transfer my license from my mac to my PC desktop, while keeping Maya files in tact.

But NO MATTER WHAT, GETTING MY LICENSE REVOKED IS NOT AN OPTION.

Thanks in advance for the support.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
brad_hurley
in reply to: gregmanx

Hello and Welcome to the community!

Below is the answer to your question. This applies to all workstations.

Autodesk Product Activation FAQ

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=3970195#section6

5. What if I use more than one computer to do my work? How many activations are permitted per license?

Autodesk understands that you may need to use the software when you are away from your usual work location—for example, while working from home. To accommodate this need, product activation for most Autodesk products lets you install and activate stand-alone software on a second computer owned or controlled by you (the software license owner). Note that the software may only be used by the same person and that only one of the two copies may be used at a time. Consult your Autodesk Software License Agreement for complete details about using the software on a second computer.

You can use the Online license transfer utility.  Transferring a license is meant to be a permanent thing. Transferring a license file multiple times could result in breaking the activation of your Autodesk product. If this happens you can contact our Reg & Act team at 1 800 551 1490.

How to Transfer Stand-Alone Licenses Online

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

Online License Transfer FAQs

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Online-...

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

BHurley
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: gregmanx

To simplify the above.

1.  Yes you can install on a second computer so long as only one is used at a time.

2.  Two is the limit.  If you wish to install on a 3rd, you must use the license transfer utility. 

Hope that helps.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report