Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Network License Manager 2017

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
TravisNave
7991 Views, 13 Replies

Autodesk Network License Manager 2017

Well, it's that time again.  Time to update your Autodesk Network License Manager files to the latest and greatest (Autodesk) version.

Autodesk is providing version 11.13.1.2 for 2017 products. 

NOTE:  It is required to update to 11.13.1.2 for the product license to work, otherwise you will get a 0.0.0 error. 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-do...

Just like last year and moving forward, the License Manager files are no longer available for direct download from Flexera.  Per their new policy, you must obtain the license manager from your software vendor.  You can download the Autodesk Network License Manager files here for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/network-license-administration/get-ready-network-lic...

If there are updates to the Autodesk Network License Manager files as the 2017 product line is rolled-out, I will reflect those changes in this thread. 

You can update your license file to 2017 versions from your Autodesk Accounts page once your Subscription has been updated. 

You can use the online method to activate your license here:

https://register.autodesk.com and from the new Autodesk Accounts page at https://accounts.autodesk.com

Or you can can contact your Value-Added Reseller for assistance. You can locate your VAR here:

http://www.autodesk.com/resellers/locate-a-reselle​r

To update your license file, you will need to provide your serial number and ethernet ID of the new license server.

For a Quick-Start Guide on configuring the Autodesk License Manager, please see my post for further information:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensi​​ng/Quick-Start-Guide-for-Configuring-LMTOOLS/m-p...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Tags (1)
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Otto
in reply to: TravisNave

Hello TravisNave

It looks like you need to get a License File. Community members with similar questions found the following article(s) useful:

Requesting a Network License File

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" link, below. Taking a moment to do this will help others with similar questions find useful answers. Thank you!

Kudos (click on the link or the "thumbs-up!" icon), are also gratefully received! (Even a bot likes praise.)

If this answer missed the mark, please let us know so that other community members can lend a hand. Any additional details might help, too: consider including relevant screenshots, log files, error messages, or system specs.

I'm a software-based HelpBot, designed to provide the information you need to get up and running with Autodesk products—any time, day or night. Your feedback will help train me to deliver more accurate and helpful answers. Thanks in advance! Also, please note that I'm only set up to respond to the first post of a topic, not to any replies. Thank you!

Helpful links: Find Serial Numbers and Product Keys | Find Downloads and Service Packs | Activate Autodesk software
Message 3 of 14
Mark.Lancaster

@TravisNave

Hopefully the Auto-response helped you out...   Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 4 of 14
TravisNave

If you want to simply update the .exe files for your license manager, you can do this quickly and efficiently.  In fact, you can do this during working hours without affecting your users at all.  Yes, I know it sounds scary, but I promise I do it all the time.  Smiley Wink

I also wanted to note that Autodesk 2017 products WILL WORK WITH VERSION 11.7.  So if you are still using an older NLM for compatibility reasons or for troubleshooting, it will continue to work for you.  You only need the 11.7 version of the adskflex.exe file of course.  I have it linked here:

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 14
Mark.Lancaster

@TravisNave  It would be nice if the forum admin would lock this at the top (of the forum) because in a few hours this information which is essential will be off onto the next page and lost...

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 6 of 14
TravisNave
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Oh on new product releases I usually make a day's worth of posting new KB
solutions. I end up linking to them all year long! 😄

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 14
jiri.seda

Hello,

my customer has ACAD 2017 + BDSS 2016 in his license file. I advised him to install LMS 11.13.1.2 which he did.

Unfortunatelly, he is still getting error 0.0.0. Antivirus and FW are shut down.Server WS2008R2standard SP1 64bit.

We havent tested yet to use only 2017 Increment to avoid mixing both 2016+2017 but it is a little bit complicated - the enduser is not very happy...

Any advices please?

Thank you

George

Message 8 of 14
TravisNave
in reply to: jiri.seda

Make sure the adskflex.exe actually got updated and that there's not
another license manager on the network.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 14
JamesMaeding

holy cow, switch out the exe, that is so genius!

That worked perfectly, and makes testing fast enough I can do during the day.

Wish I had known this years ago. 1 Kudo is not enough.

internal protected virtual unsafe Human() : mostlyHarmless
I'm just here for the Shelties

Message 10 of 14
mw111368

Hi

I am getting the following message when trying the install, can anyone please advise.

Regards

Martyn

Updating DACL Failed
---------------------------
Service has been created but failed to update the DACL settings of FlexNet Licensing Service. It will give problem for accessing TS features. Check whether FlexNet Licensing Service is correctly installed or not and delete and create this service again

Message 11 of 14
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: mw111368

@mw111368

If you save the service again does the message go away?

Have you looked at these 2 postings:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/simplecontent/content/updating-d...

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Update-DACL-failed-when-...

Mark Lancaster

Message 12 of 14
jan.samul
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Is the new version of adskflex.exe some how different? If I run the older version it is a normal 32bit app with some command line options, but if I try to run the new version I get the "adskflex.exe is not a valid Win32 application". the adskflex.exe is the same In both 32bit and 64bit MSI files which I have downloaded here: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-network-license-manager...
Message 13 of 14

Hi,
I have both Autocad 2015 and 2017 in user machines but for sake of 2017 if i upgrade the server to LMTOOLS v11.13.1.2 will it affect the current 2015 users (using LMTOOLS v11.12.1.4).

I am using Redundant license servers.

Thank you in advance.
Message 14 of 14

@kiran.royalmech19

No impact but all license servers need to be at the same LMTOOL (license manager) version.

Mark Lancaster

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report