Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Network License Manager 2015

61 REPLIES 61
SOLVED
Message 1 of 62
TravisNave
35250 Views, 61 Replies

Autodesk Network License Manager 2015

Well, it's that time again.  Time to update your Autodesk Network License Manager files to the latest and greatest (Autodesk) version.

Autodesk is providing version 11.12 for 2015 products. 

NOTE:  According to Autodesk, you MUST install the v11.12 version for 2015 products to work.  However, I have successfully gotten licenses to work on the previously maximum compatible 11.7 version.  You can read more about this disclaimer here:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2014/03/autodesk-2015-products-latest-nlm-1112.html?utm_s...

You can download the Autodesk Network License Manager files here for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Latest-...

You can always get the latest version of the NLM from the following link:

http://www.globes.com/support/fnp_utilities_download.htm

At the time of this post, the latest version is 11.12, which is the same version supplied by Autodesk.  I have zipped and attached the necessary 64-bit adskflex vendor daemon file in this message (v11.12) for your convenience.  You can also use this file if you are using the Flexera License Administrator instead of LMTOOLS.  You can find the FLEXnet License Admin also in the link above.

You can update your license file to 2015 versions once your Subscription has been fulfilled. 

You can use the online method to activate your license here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/installation-and-licensing

Or you can can call Autodesk Product Registration and Authorization:

http://en.autodesk.ca/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=9719649&id=9830778

1-800-551-1490 > Option 1 (English) > Option 2 > (Network)

Asia / Pacific: 65.6735.5688
Europe / Middle East / Asia: 41.32.723.9595

You will need to provide your serial number and ethernet ID of the new license server.

For a Quick-Start Guide on configuring the Autodesk License Manager, please see my post for further information:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Quick-Start-Guide-for-Configuring-LMTOOLS/m-p/3...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Tags (1)
61 REPLIES 61
Message 41 of 62
GTVic
in reply to: TravisNave

@TravisNave wrote:

By default, the NLM will do a license reset at midnight.  What is probably happening is that the licensing is being lost at that time.  You can disabled this with the adskflex.opt options file by adding AUTOMATIC_REREAD OFF to the file and rereading the license to put it into effect.

@ Travis,

Does the license reset at midnight re-read both the LIC and OPT files?

With that feature, I'm wondering if someone can be given write access to that folder and thereby have the ability to administer the licenses/options without needing server login access and without the requirement to run lmtools and physically click the button to re-read the license file.

That is as long as they don't mind waiting until the next day for changes to take effect.

Thanks.

Message 42 of 62
TravisNave
in reply to: GTVic

The automatic reread does refresh the LIC and the OPT file, yes.

As for remote management, you can do so from your machine by just running the LMTOOLS itself and pointing its first tab to (use license file) and put 27000@yourservername in the box.  Or you can use any of the LMUTIL functions remotely as well. 

Sounds more complicated than it really is.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 43 of 62
jmlip

Hi Travis,

Does remote management effect the LMTOOLS on the server (Can you access LMTOOLS from your computer or the network)?

Joan

Message 44 of 62
TravisNave
in reply to: jmlip

Yes.  You run LMTOOLS on your client and connect to the server remotely thru it by specifying 27000@servername through the interface.

Remote_LMTOOLS.png

You just replace @servername with the actual hostname of your server, of course.  Then you can do all the stuff you need to do on your server.  You can also restrict this access from the server, if necessary.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 45 of 62
jmlip

Thanks again for the help! This will be very nice!
Message 46 of 62
TravisNave

I wanted to provide a quick Screencast on how you can upgrade to the latest version of the Autodesk Network License Manager in under a minute.  As long as you are not making major license file changes, you can upgrade the license manager while your users are working without affecting them. 

Note:  If you have borrowed licenses, it is necessary for you to check the box to "Force Server Shutdown" before shutting down and upgrading your server.  This is not pictured in the video.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 47 of 62
GTVic

@TravisNave wrote:

Yes.  You run LMTOOLS on your client and connect to the server remotely thru it by specifying 27000@servername through the interface.

@you just replace @servername with the actual hostname of your server, of course.  Then you can do all the stuff you need to do on your server.  You can also restrict this access from the server, if necessary.

This was working fine for a few weeks. The message still says "Reread License File" after rereading remotely, but after adding a computer to the OPT file, the verbose message on the client was that the host was not on the include list. I had to ask our server guys to log directly onto the server and have them re-read the file locally before the user was able to run Civil 3D. That was last night, as a test I this morning I removed the machine from the list and reread the license but the user is still able to launch Civil 3D so my change was again not recognized.

Any ideas on why rereading the license file remotely stopped working? Thanks.

Message 48 of 62
TravisNave

Two things I would check when it comes to an options file:

1.  Make sure you *always* include the option GROUPCASEINSENSITIVE ON

2.  Make sure that the user isn't pulling a cascade from another suite

That would be a good start. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 49 of 62
jcurrie

Hi,

Having updated the NLM to 11.12 in our office the other week and received the undated licence .Lic file. Everything is working as per pre-update to 2015 products.

With even new 2015 network licences also working.

This issue I am having is the ability to borrow a licence. We have 3 laptop's that have permission through the adskflex.opt file we have created.

These were working fine pre update however now all 3 are faced with Error: [-5.414.0] basically unable to borrow a licence. First this would normally be that the user (in our case Laptop Number) is restricted from borrowing a licence or there are attempting to exceed the maximum borrow period.

I have checked both of these and it should work. As mentioned before this worked on version 11.11 and nothing else have changed since.

Regards

James

Message 50 of 62
TravisNave
in reply to: jcurrie

An update should not have broken this.  But you can possibly try version 11.7 to see if that will get you back working.  It will allow for 2015 to work. 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/flexnet-licensing-error-15-quot-winsock-operati...

Autodesk Forums:
Message 51 of 62
mark.floyd

Hello, I hope someone can help me here. I am running v11.12 for multiple Autodesk products on a MS 2008 R2. My problem is attached in a picture below. I have disabled ipv6, made exceptions to the firewall (even turned off the firewall), tried getting a new license file, I have even tried installing LMTools on a new MS 2012 server and still have the same issues. Can anyone help?

Message 52 of 62
TravisNave
in reply to: mark.floyd

Post the debug log of your license manager. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 53 of 62
david.lau

Firewall issue.  I see it all the time.  Please follow all steps below but I would probably start at step 4.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/11/quick-start-setting-up-a-license-server.html

David Lau
Message 54 of 62
mark.floyd

This is the debug file.

Message 55 of 62
TravisNave
in reply to: mark.floyd

Debug looks good.  It could be a firewall issue or an IPv6 connectivity issue.

Try checking the firewall ports first in Internet Explorer (only IE works):

http://whhs-print:27000

http://whhs-print:2080

Both should result in a jargon page like this:  Wê-60Wê-60Wê-60Wê-60Wê-60Wê-60

If not, make some firewall exceptions for those ports as well as for the four .exe files.

Also check for IPv6 connectivity.  From the client, PING whhs-print and make sure it comes back with the correct IPv4 address.  If not, modify your hosts file appropriately according to my IPv6 directions.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 56 of 62
mark.floyd

Looks like the problem was with the IPv6; we had that disabled and it needed to be enabled. I really appreciate the quick response and help in troubleshooting the issue.

-Mark

Message 57 of 62
GTVic

@GTVic wrote:

@TravisNave wrote:

@you just replace @servername with the actual hostname of your server, of course.  Then you can do all the stuff you need to do on your server.  You can also restrict this access from the server, if necessary.

This was working fine for a few weeks. The message still says "Reread License File" after rereading remotely, but after adding a computer to the OPT file, the verbose message on the client was that the host was not on the include list. I had to ask our server guys to log directly onto the server and have them re-read the file locally before the user was able to run Civil 3D. That was last night, as a test I this morning I removed the machine from the list and reread the license but the user is still able to launch Civil 3D so my change was again not recognized.

Any ideas on why rereading the license file remotely stopped working? Thanks.

Solution for my problem is located here:

LMTOOLS REREAD not working remotely

Message 58 of 62
mauro.cabano

Hi

I've Nlm 11.11 installed on a windows xp machine, after upgrading autocad to 2015 version I've got the 0.0.0 error,

I've downloaded NLM 11.12 but there is no way to install it, it give error "not a valid 32 bit application".

From this thread I understan that windows xp and windows server 2003 is not supported.  We foreseen to upgrade to server 2008 but meanwhile there is a walkaround?

Message 59 of 62
GaryAiken1964

Thanks for all this great info.  I don't know how but I have Revit 2015 working fine with 11.4 of LMTools - don't ask me how - it's been running fine for at least 6 months.

The only reason I'm looking at this post is that I can't get Revit 2015 to obtain a license on another remote site using 11.10.

I know I shouldn't be running 11.4 but it works...

I am going to upgrade the remote site to 11.12 but also contemplating trying 11.4 just to prove that it works.

Message 60 of 62
TravisNave
in reply to: GaryAiken1964

@Anonymous wrote:

I am going to upgrade the remote site to 11.12 but also contemplating trying 11.4 just to prove that it works.

11.4 absolutely works.  In fact, it will work up to version 11.7.  But nothing after 11.7 will work unless you are running 11.12.  11.7 was the last stable version, in my opinion, which is why I sometimes revert to it if there are strange NLM behaviors.  11.12 seems pretty stable, though I have had to go back to 11.7 on one occasion. 

Good Luck!

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report