Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Network License Manager 2015 Installation issues

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
aberdamy
523 Views, 2 Replies

Autodesk Network License Manager 2015 Installation issues

I've installed the latest version of the Autodesk NLM on my Windows 2008 R2 VM however the Flexlm Service 1 service is no where to be found after the installation completes so I have no way of configuring it.  This server currently has several separate vendor services installed using FlexLM so I'm thinking the issue is related to that however I would like to know for sure.  Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

Jeremy

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: aberdamy

You can just create a new one in the services box.  Just type it in the pulldown.  Then configure as appropriate.  Running multiple license services is not uncommon.  But what I would do, is consider combining them all into one location using one lmgrd.exe version or you might have connectivy (0.0.0) errors on launching your Autodesk product.

For the best method to properly combine your license files, please read my entire thread here and choose the method that best fits your needs:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Combining-License-Files-for-Subscription-and-No...

For a Quick-Start Guide on configuring the Autodesk License Manager, please see my post for further information:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Quick-Start-Guide-for-Configuring-LMTOOLS/m-p/3...

Hope that helps.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
aberdamy
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks, that did the trick. I guess I had never run into that situation where I've had to do that but it's quite simple. I've also never combined license managers into one location because we've never seen issues related to this but it makes sense now that I think of it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report