Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Network License Manager 2014

69 REPLIES 69
SOLVED
Message 1 of 70
TravisNave
15948 Views, 69 Replies

Autodesk Network License Manager 2014

Well, it's that time again.  Time to update your Autodesk Network License Manager files to the latest and greatest (Autodesk) version.

Autodesk is providing version 11.11 for 2014 products.

You can get the Autodesk Network License Manager files here for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=18610121&linkID=12305695

You can always get the latest version of the NLM from the following link:

http://www.globes.com/support/fnp_utilities_download.htm

At the time of this post, the latest version is 11.11.1, which is newer than the version supplied by Autodesk.  I am attaching the necessary 32-bit adskflex vendor daemon file in this message (v11.11) for your convenience.  You can use this file if you are using the Flexera License Administrator instead of LMTOOLS.  You can find the FLEXnet License Admin also in the link above.  I will post the 64-bit adskflex.exe vendor daemon file in a follow-up post below.

You can update your license file to 2014 versions once your Subscription has been fulfilled. 

You can use the online method to activate your license here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?id=18424632&siteID=123112

Or you can can call Autodesk Product Registration and Authorization:

http://en.autodesk.ca/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=9719649&id=9830778

1-800-551-1490 > Option 1 (English) > Option 2 > (Network)

Asia / Pacific: 65.6735.5688
Europe / Middle East / Asia: 41.32.723.9595

You will need to provide your serial number and ethernet ID of the new license server.

For a Quick-Start Guide on configuring the Autodesk License Manager, please see my post for further information:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Quick-Start-Guide-for-Configuring-LMTOOLS/m-p/3...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Tags (1)
69 REPLIES 69
Message 61 of 70
jlobo2
in reply to: jlobo2

The Error code is [-5.412.0]

Message 62 of 70
DarrenP

run a status inquiry on the license manger from the server status tab

do you see civil 3d on there?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 63 of 70
jlobo2
in reply to: DarrenP

I see Civil 3D of 2011 but not 2012.

Message 64 of 70
DarrenP

it looks like you didn't update the license file for civil 3d

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 65 of 70
jlobo2
in reply to: DarrenP

It did work now. Thanks a lot Darren for all your help. Appreciate it.

Message 66 of 70
darrenasmith
in reply to: TravisNave

Would someone be able to definitively answer this question - there seems to be some ambiguity on the matter:

Is NLM 11.11 _required_ to support 2014 products?  11.10 seems to work fine, but I can't tell if the minor issues we are having are just the NLM being its misbehaving self or not.

I'd also like a clarification on this matter with regards to 11.11:

"It does not support network license checkouts in an IPv4-only environment."

This is the reason we have not upgraded to 11.11.  We are currently still IPv4-only.  Can this "issue" be circumvented by enabling IPv6 on the server even though our LAN doesn't currently support IPv6 routing?  I have assumed no because that solution seems too easy. 🙂

Thanks.

Message 67 of 70
TravisNave
in reply to: darrenasmith

@darrenasmith wrote:

Would someone be able to definitively answer this question - there seems to be some ambiguity on the matter:

Is NLM 11.11 _required_ to support 2014 products?

No.  Depending on the server setup, I sometimes even recommend 11.7.  That being said, you can update the master daemon and utility files to 11.11 if you wish, and run an older adskflex.exe.  I have not experienced any issues for 2014 in this scenario.  And I do this daily.

"It does not support network license checkouts in an IPv4-only environment."

Ridiculous statement.  I'd love to know where you got this, because I am running 11.11.1.1 on my IPv4 setup and it works fine.  I have never had a problem with any version of the NLM and IPv4.  In fact, it's typically the other way around.  IPv6 seems to rarely ever work with even the so-called IPv6 version of the NLM.

Hope that helps.

That being said, post your NLM "issues" in a new thread and we'll deal with them there.  Smiley Wink

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 68 of 70
darrenasmith

Heh.  Thanks very much.

Curious - which combination of versions have you found to be the most problem free and stable?

Here's where I found the statement about checkout support:

http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/nlm11.11_ipv4_win64_readme.htm

and

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=18610121&linkID=12305695

Straight from the horses mouth.  Wonder why?

Message 69 of 70
TravisNave

@TravisNave wrote:
I am running 11.11.1.1 on my IPv4 setup and it works fine. 

I just upgraded to 11.12 and it also works.  The status bar messages and the debug log are a bit different that before, but everything is still as expected. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 70 of 70
TravisNave
in reply to: darrenasmith

darrenasmith wrote:

Curious - which combination of versions have you found to be the most problem free and stable?

Personally, I have found that adskflex.exe 11.7 works best on just about every setup.  I have found many instances starting with 11.9 and up that simply did not work at all on Server 2008, 2003 R2, 2012, and Windows 8.  But simply going back down to the 11.7 vendor magically resolves the problems.

As for the Autodesk readme links you provided, they are wrong.  Plain and simple.  Autodesk does not author the NLM software, so whomever wrote that disclaimer, unfortunately had a severe misunderstanding of how it works.  I have posted comments about that in the section provided, but alas, the misinformation remains.  If the software didn't work in an IPv4-only environment, then my software would not be working at this instant.  Perhaps I will make an effort to reach out again.

Subsequently, they recently posted a new KB article based on my IPv6 work-around that essentially disregards everything in their disclaimer above.  I am hoping it will be corrected before the next release of the license manager for 2015. 

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report