Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Network License Manager 2014

69 REPLIES 69
SOLVED
Message 1 of 70
TravisNave
15953 Views, 69 Replies

Autodesk Network License Manager 2014

Well, it's that time again.  Time to update your Autodesk Network License Manager files to the latest and greatest (Autodesk) version.

Autodesk is providing version 11.11 for 2014 products.

You can get the Autodesk Network License Manager files here for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=18610121&linkID=12305695

You can always get the latest version of the NLM from the following link:

http://www.globes.com/support/fnp_utilities_download.htm

At the time of this post, the latest version is 11.11.1, which is newer than the version supplied by Autodesk.  I am attaching the necessary 32-bit adskflex vendor daemon file in this message (v11.11) for your convenience.  You can use this file if you are using the Flexera License Administrator instead of LMTOOLS.  You can find the FLEXnet License Admin also in the link above.  I will post the 64-bit adskflex.exe vendor daemon file in a follow-up post below.

You can update your license file to 2014 versions once your Subscription has been fulfilled. 

You can use the online method to activate your license here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?id=18424632&siteID=123112

Or you can can call Autodesk Product Registration and Authorization:

http://en.autodesk.ca/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=9719649&id=9830778

1-800-551-1490 > Option 1 (English) > Option 2 > (Network)

Asia / Pacific: 65.6735.5688
Europe / Middle East / Asia: 41.32.723.9595

You will need to provide your serial number and ethernet ID of the new license server.

For a Quick-Start Guide on configuring the Autodesk License Manager, please see my post for further information:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Quick-Start-Guide-for-Configuring-LMTOOLS/m-p/3...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Tags (1)
69 REPLIES 69
Message 21 of 70
DarrenP
in reply to: jlobo2

read this: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Combining-License-Files-for-Subscription-and-No...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 22 of 70
jlobo2
in reply to: DarrenP

Awesome,

Thank You Darren.

Message 23 of 70
TravisNave

Also see my combining License files link in my signature.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 24 of 70
jlobo2
in reply to: TravisNave

Thank You Travis.

Message 25 of 70
jlobo2

Just wanted to confirm the 4 .exe files you mentioned are

1. adskflex

2. lmgrd

3. lmtools

4. lmutil

Are these the only files to be replaced?

Message 26 of 70
DarrenP

yes

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 27 of 70
TravisNave

That is correct. I provide the adskflex file in this thread The rest can be
downloaded from Flexera in my link there.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 28 of 70
jlobo2

What are the System Requirements for the Server for Shared License for AutoCAD 2014 and AutoCAD 2012?

I replaced the 4 exe files yesterday and followed the procedure in the link, but it did not work. Then I tried to install the License Manager for AutoCAD 2014, then it gave me a message saying, that it does not meet the System Requirements.

Would appreciate any help with the same.

Message 29 of 70
DarrenP

requirements are here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21880916&linkID=9243099&CMP=OTC-RSS...

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 30 of 70
DarrenP

unless your running something older than xp or server 2003 you should be fine

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 31 of 70
jlobo2

Currently its running on Windows Vista SP2.

Message 32 of 70
DarrenP

the one OS it doesn't work with

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 33 of 70
jlobo2

Hmmm. Yeah. Thanks for your help Darren and Travis. I will get back when the Supported OS are installed, or is there any other possible alternative?

Message 34 of 70
DarrenP

you can use 11.10 which came with 2013 which does support vista

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 35 of 70
jlobo2

But, will it support AutoCAD 2014 Licenses, because we are keen to go for 2014?

Message 36 of 70
DarrenP

if it doesn't

do you have another machine that has xp, or 7 or 8 on it so you can install the lastest license manager on it

this will require a new license file

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 37 of 70
DarrenP

i just tried mine with 11.10 and 2014 products it seems to work

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 38 of 70
jlobo2

Ok,

I just spoke to my Opertaions team and we have Windows 2008 Server with SP2. The server had a buggy app which showed that the OS is Windows Vista.

So now here are the details that we have;

1. Current System : Windows 2008 Server with SP2

2. Did copy the 4 exe files that were discussed in this thread before.

3. Followed the steps from the link you had shared earlier

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Quick-Start-Guide-for-Configuring-LMTOOLS/m-p/3...

But it still did not work.

I read somewhere about the dates should be the same for the .lic file. Can you help me get some more details about the same. Thanks

Message 39 of 70
jlobo2

Darren thanks for your help, I have posted a new question. I would really appreciate the help with the same. Thanks a ton for all the help from you.
Message 40 of 70
DarrenP

at point didn't work?

DarrenP

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report