Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Network License Manager 2014

69 REPLIES 69
SOLVED
Message 1 of 70
TravisNave
15950 Views, 69 Replies

Autodesk Network License Manager 2014

Well, it's that time again.  Time to update your Autodesk Network License Manager files to the latest and greatest (Autodesk) version.

Autodesk is providing version 11.11 for 2014 products.

You can get the Autodesk Network License Manager files here for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=18610121&linkID=12305695

You can always get the latest version of the NLM from the following link:

http://www.globes.com/support/fnp_utilities_download.htm

At the time of this post, the latest version is 11.11.1, which is newer than the version supplied by Autodesk.  I am attaching the necessary 32-bit adskflex vendor daemon file in this message (v11.11) for your convenience.  You can use this file if you are using the Flexera License Administrator instead of LMTOOLS.  You can find the FLEXnet License Admin also in the link above.  I will post the 64-bit adskflex.exe vendor daemon file in a follow-up post below.

You can update your license file to 2014 versions once your Subscription has been fulfilled. 

You can use the online method to activate your license here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?id=18424632&siteID=123112

Or you can can call Autodesk Product Registration and Authorization:

http://en.autodesk.ca/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=9719649&id=9830778

1-800-551-1490 > Option 1 (English) > Option 2 > (Network)

Asia / Pacific: 65.6735.5688
Europe / Middle East / Asia: 41.32.723.9595

You will need to provide your serial number and ethernet ID of the new license server.

For a Quick-Start Guide on configuring the Autodesk License Manager, please see my post for further information:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Quick-Start-Guide-for-Configuring-LMTOOLS/m-p/3...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Tags (1)
69 REPLIES 69
Message 2 of 70
TravisNave
in reply to: TravisNave

For those of you who need the 64-bit version of the adskflex.exe vendor daemon for your LMTOOLS update or FLEXnet License Administrator, you can find it attached to this post.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 70
DarrenP

i was hoping they would switch to the flex net publisher

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 70
TravisNave

As in previous iterations of the NLM upgrades, this version also seems to suffer from the same -15 errors, IPv6 issues, and the subsequent exiting of the adskflex.exe vendor daemon on Windows 8 and Server 20xx R2 installations. 

I was able to get it working with no problems on Windows 7, Server 2003, and Windows XP.  However, if you are installing on newer machine configurations, you will want to see my posts about fixing -15 errors here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Network-License-Error-1-5-15-and-IPv6/m-p/29828...

Subsequently, you may find success in running the 11.7 version of the adskflex.exe vendor daemon, as I have done on my Windows 8 machine.  If you would like to use this file with the latest NLM, you can.  I have attached the older 11.7 version zipped here.

Autodesk Forums:
Tags (1)
Message 5 of 70
TravisNave
in reply to: DarrenP

@DarrenP wrote:

i was hoping they would switch to the flex net publisher

I agree, Darren.  I keep hearing rumors about cloud licensing though.  Hard telling...

Autodesk Forums:
Message 6 of 70
DarrenP

@TravisNave wrote:

I agree, Darren.  I keep hearing rumors about cloud licensing though.  Hard telling...

i have heard of that too
supposedly they are testing this with certain accounts

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 70
rseiple

Isn't this the same one that came with 2013 software? If so, then we should be able to use the existing LMTools already installed from last year. Correct? Just checking. Thanks.

Message 8 of 70
DarrenP
in reply to: rseiple

no a new license manager version comes out every year

2013 is 11.10

2014 is 11.11

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 9 of 70
rseiple
in reply to: DarrenP

that's strange because mine shows the following:

4-10-2013 4-31-25 PM.jpg

Message 10 of 70
TravisNave

Then your license manager is already upgraded.  However, the vendor daemon from Autodesk changes every year as well. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 11 of 70
rseiple

Thanks Travis

I should be able to just swap out the old files with the new ones then I believe if it is anything like before. Just leave the LMTools install alone and change the reference in the configuration.

Message 12 of 70
TravisNave

Yeah, stop the service. Close and exit LMTOOLS. Replace the 4 .exe
files. Start the service. That easy. Nothing else to muck with.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 13 of 70
Rijal29

Hello All

I have questions. Would you like to help me? If i have borrowed license from server for suite, what happened if the borrowed license expired and did not return the license? 

Thanks

Message 14 of 70
TravisNave
in reply to: Rijal29

The license will expire on the server at its expected time. If your client
got stuck, borrow another then return it.

Borrowing is user and hardware related. So if you login different or
disable a network card or remove from a docking station, this will also
invalidate your borrowed license.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 15 of 70
Rijal29

Thanks for your reply Travis. So if i have 1 lic for 20 user then i borrowed 2 lic, and they did not return the lic until expired, will i have 20 user back?
Message 16 of 70
TravisNave
in reply to: Rijal29

Correct. Even if the user never returned the license manually, it would
still return automatically upon the expiration date.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 17 of 70
dgorsman

The network card issue is the most common one encountered by laptop users.  Most laptops will only power up the network card when its connected ie. borrowing the license.  When they go mobile, the card is powered down to save battery life and the license is no longer valid.  I've gone into each of our company laptops and set the network card to "always enabled" so the users (who aren't IT savvy enough) don't have to bother with it.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 18 of 70
jlobo2

I am kind of new to this process, Can you help me through this process.

1. We are currently on AutoCAD 2012 and Using the Flexera License Manager tool. (License Manager Tool installed with the AutoCAD 2012 Install.)

2. We are now going to AutoCAD 2014 and would like to install the License Manager (from AutoCAD 2014 install) on our License Server and support the existing license and future 2014 Licenses.

So was wonderring,

1. Where could I find the installation guidelines for the same?

2. Do we have to uninstall the current LM and then install the LM for 2014?

3. Is there any documentation for the same where I can refer to?

Any help regarding the same would be highlu appreciated.

Thanks 

Message 19 of 70
TravisNave
in reply to: jlobo2

Just replace the .exe files with the latest ones provided in this post. For
documentation, see my Quickstart guide in my signature.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 20 of 70
jlobo2

Thank You for your reply.

I had another quick question. We have recieved 2 .lic files this time,

1. ACD2014enlicense.lic and

2, CIVIL2014enlicense.lic

So how do I use both of them, since theres only one .lic file we have been using till now?

Thanks

Joel Lobo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report