Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Network License Manager 2013

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
TravisNave
15786 Views, 18 Replies

Autodesk Network License Manager 2013

Well, it's that time again.  Time to update your Autodesk Network License Manager files to the latest and greatest (Autodesk) version.

Autodesk is providing version 11.10 for 2013 products.

You can get the Autodesk Network License Manager files here for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?id=10976858&siteID=123112&linkID=9240617

You can always get the latest version of the NLM from the following link:

http://www.globes.com/support/fnp_utilities_downlo​ad.htm

At the time of this post, the latest version is 11.10.1, which is newer than the version supplied by Autodesk.  I am attaching the necessary 32-bit adskflex vendor daemon file in this message (v11.10.0.3) for your convenience.  You can use this file if you are using the Flexera License Administrator instead of LMTOOLS.  You can find the FLEXnet License Admin also in the link above. 

You can update your license file to 2013 versions once your Subscription has been fulfilled.  You can do this via http://register.autodesk.com or by calling 1-800-551-1490.

Good Luck!

Note:  The LMTOOLS client has reached end-of-life by Flexera.  This will be the last updated release of LMTOOLS.  It will be interesting to see which direction Autodesk moves for future releases of the network licensing scheme. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Tags (1)
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
TravisNave
in reply to: TravisNave

For those of you who need the 64-bit version of the adskflex.exe vendor daemon for your LMTOOLS update or FLEXnet License Administrator, you can find it attached to this post.

To set up your license manager(s) please see one of my quickstart guides here:

LMTOOLS:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Quick-Start-Guide-for-Configuring-LMTOOLS/m-p/3...

FLEXnet Admin:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Installing-the-FLEXnet-License-Administrator/m-...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 19
rkmcswain

That is only for IPv6 right?

IPv4 = http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=16273699&linkID=13140816

??

Please correct if this is wrong. Thanks.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 19
subpartner
in reply to: rkmcswain
Message 5 of 19
TravisNave

It's all the same. Flexera doesn't specify the difference between IPv6 and IPv4. I've run both on both platforms and it's all the same. Their disclaimer is wrong, frankly.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 6 of 19
ZSHS2011

TravisNave,

Just wanted to confirm my understanding of what I need to do is correct in order to update the license server.

1)  If I wanted to get the latest released version (the one not provided by AutoCAD, I would go to http://www.globes.com/support/fnp_utilities_download.htm

2)  I would download the 4 executables (lmadmin, lmgrd, lmutil, lmtools) for Microsoft® Windows® 64-bit because I am running Windows Server 2008 64-Bit

3) I would download the 64-Bit Asdkflex.exe provided in this thread.

4) I would make a backup of my existing executables frist, and then copy the 4 new executables into the existing installation folder, overwriting the old.  I should probably stop the license server before doing this. 

5) I would replace the existing asdkflex.exe with the newer version previously download.

6) Profit???

Is this correct? 

Thank you.

Message 7 of 19
ZSHS2011
in reply to: ZSHS2011

Actually, correction to what I posted.  I would run and Install the LMADMIN per your tutorial (not copy and paste) as it does not currently exist on the system, nor is it required to even run.

Message 8 of 19
TravisNave

You are correct on your steps. Just note that the latest version at the time of this post is 11.11.

As for lmadmin, it is an alternative license manager. Unless you want to try it, stick with the above solution.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 19
ZSHS2011

It is not accepting the ADSKFLEX file.  The First time I tried it, it said its not the preferred file.  I replaced the adskflex with the original, and it worked again.

I then tried to swap it out again, and I get a error about a Winsock not be initialized if I recall correctly and that the license server isn’t started. 

But if I put back the original file, it works.  LMtools and everything is 11.11, but the adskflex is still the original.

Is there a step I am missing?  

Message 10 of 19
TravisNave

There's an issue with Server 2008. If you want to use 11.7 of adskflex.exe, that will work fine.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 11 of 19
ZSHS2011

Yea, this is what im getting:

Vendor daemon status (on SERVER):

adskflex: Cannot connect to license server system.

The license server manager (lmgrd) has not been started yet,

the wrong port@host or license file is being used, or the

port or hostname in the license file has been changed.

Server name XXXX:  

License path:  XXX;

FLEXnet Licensing error:-15,10.  System Error: 10049 "WinSock: Invalid address"

For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation,

available at "www.flexerasoftware.com".

But if it doesn’t work, I guess it doesn’t work..  Where can I find 11.7?  The version we have is 11.9.x.x adskflex which I believe you said in another post causes problems.   

Message 12 of 19
ZSHS2011
in reply to: ZSHS2011

Actually, I found another post of yours containing the 64-bit 11.7 file.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/FLEXnet-Licensing-error-15-quot-WinSock-Operati...

But we are using 2013 AutoCAD.  Will this cause a problem since we are supposed to be using 11.10? 

Message 13 of 19
TravisNave

It'll work just fine for you. 🙂

Autodesk Forums:
Message 14 of 19
ZSHS2011

11.7 adskflex is working with 11.11 LMtools and AutoCAD 2013.  So far no issues.

Thank you.   

Message 15 of 19
jpilapil

Hi,

I work in one of the engineering frim that currently we have 17 offices accross the US. Right now, each office has a standalone server that hosted our network autocad licenses but we are planning to setup a single centralize Autocad license manager that will host the license- In order to simplify the manegment and also to update the license. Are there ways to have a single server top host the autocad license accross the 17 offices and also have the flexibility to be able to have a disaster recovery if in case the internet connection of the host office is not avilable and users will be able to continue working? I hosted several engineering licenses in our main office and I know that I have to put some type of environmental variables and setting in order for the users to be able to maintain the connection. Are there any settings as well that I have to do in the autocad application users computer in order for it to be able to maintain the connection and it won't timeout? What should I do?

Regards,

Jason

Message 16 of 19
TravisNave
in reply to: jpilapil

Yes this can be done.  We host a single NLM for the WAN consisting of over 20 offices nationwide.  You can set ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE and FLEXLM_TIMEOUT variables to facilitate the redirection and connectivity latency to the new server.  Disaster recovery is easier on a single license server because you do not have to recreate multiple licenses for distributed or redundant servers.  If you do need to do this, you can be back up and running within minutes on another NLM server with environment variables pointing to the new location.  I think you'll find it a lot easier to manage and maintain your licenses on a single license server.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 17 of 19
jpilapil

Thank you for the prompt reply. In this case that we already established our deployment package in each office and already installed in computer in that office. If in case we will generate one license for our single license server, what will happen to the comuters that have autocad that already have autodesk installed in their machine with the installation package that was made with thge local license server that currently being used? Do I have to recreate the package and point the installation to the new single autocad license server? I know that you mentioned the variables, do I just need to put that in each autocad computers and then turn off the local license server then switch to the new license server? What are the other settings that I should do in our individual computers in order to look or be switch to the single license server?

Thank you and I hope that I explain it properly.

Thanks,

Jason

Message 18 of 19
TravisNave
in reply to: jpilapil

Yep, it's really as simple as setting the environment variable.  With this set on each workstation, it will override any setting locally or created by the deployment and look to the new license manager location.  You can go back and modify the deployment if you wish, but so long as you have the environment variable in place, you will be just fine.

Here's more info on it:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=8385605&linkID=9240617

Autodesk Forums:
Message 19 of 19
rkmcswain

FWIW - we set the environment variable in the network logon script. If we have to change a group of people, we change the script and have them reboot. Totally independent of anything CAD related.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report