Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

mike.hf1337
Message 11 of 25 (2,120 Views)

Re: Autodesk Maya Student Serial Number Help

01-23-2013 02:39 PM in reply to: fluffysheep12345

Well, I chose to download the student version of 3ds Max 2011 and got the strange error "Error assigning serial number to product: This is an operation implementation generated fault".

But right under it there are my serial number and product key codes O.o

Well, I succesfully downloaded it, entered the code, installed and just when I tried to launch 3ds max 2011 it notified me to either register or use trial version for 30 days, well I chose to register ofc, and then it came with error saying that the serial number is not valid.

Also on the website in my account info, where it says "my sowftware" the number is 0. So, it's not registering or something. 

Please help :smileysad:

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 12 of 25 (2,110 Views)

01-23-2013 04:23 PM in reply to: mike.hf1337

Hello Mike and our apologies for the inconvenience.

This is a known issue, affects a very limited amount of new registrations, that we're aware of and working on. As this is an account based problem that prevents your licensing information from functioning properly, the suggested workaround, would be to create a new Education Community profile with a different email address and request a new serial number.

Please let us know if this resolves the issue and or if you experience any further difficulties.

Philip Schmelzer
R_Rahman
Message 13 of 25 (2,043 Views)

02-16-2013 10:11 AM in reply to: philip.s

I have downloaded AutoCAD and Mudbox successfully with no problems. But everytime i try to download studioMax (which I did) but everytime open the application I get this message from my Autodesk software:

"Error assigning serial number to product: This is an operation implementation generated fault".

But right under it there are my serial number and product key codes.

And everytime I try to add in these details it opens up with an error sign. Is there some way you can fix this?

Regards

Rozita

cornalo.mario
Message 14 of 25 (1,768 Views)

04-05-2013 11:01 AM in reply to: fluffysheep12345

I'm actually having the same problem when trying to download AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 on his student's version.

"Error assigning serial number to product: This is an operation implementation generated fault". Then, I got a message above showing me a "standard" Product Key and Serial Number. They work great during the instalation process, but then, they result being invalid for activating definitely the product.

¿Where should I talk to someone to afford this issue? ¿There's a solution for this?

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 15 of 25 (1,727 Views)

04-05-2013 07:41 PM in reply to: cornalo.mario

My apologies for the inconvenience Mario.

We were experiencing in the Education Community earlier today which was not allowing users to select their school during the registration process and automatically associating Magenta Academy. In turn this caused certain products not to show up in the Download Center and an "Error assigning serial number to product: This is an operation implementation generated fault" message to display.

With that being said this has just been resolved and the site is once again fully functional. In order to access the site benefits, please create a new Education Community account using a different email address as your existing profile is corrupt, and request a new serial number.

Philip Schmelzer
MARITO.C22
Message 16 of 25 (1,716 Views)

04-06-2013 12:29 AM in reply to: philip.s

Philip, to be honest with you, I wasn't waiting for such an efficient answer in the short term. ¡Thanks a lot! Now, I've activated my AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 with my own student's license.

Just to now, there's no way to completely eliminate my corrupted profile from the database?

That's because I'm using other products from Autodesk (Like Autodesk Homestyler), and I have them all registered under my gmail account. Actually, I had to use a hotmail account for AutoCAD, so I could generate a valid Serial Number. It'd be great to have this product registered under the same gmail account wich I use for daily mailing.

Thanks again for such an efficient support service.

Mario.

eddygranda86
Message 17 of 25 (1,696 Views)

04-06-2013 10:48 AM in reply to: fluffysheep12345

Hello
I seem to be having the same exact problem with the serial number  Error assigning serial number to product: This is an operation implementation generated fault. It keeps saying that the serial number is invalid and to try again. I've been looking online for a solution but no luck. Sorry for the trouble but if someone could help with this that would be great. 

Customer Service
joane.bonghanoy
Message 18 of 25 (1,672 Views)

04-07-2013 06:11 PM in reply to: eddygranda86

Hi eddygranda86,

Please send me a Private Message (click on my joane.bonghanoy profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) with your Serial Number and Request Code

Joane Bonghanoy
johncurran.ie
Message 19 of 25 (662 Views)

09-16-2013 01:17 PM in reply to: fluffysheep12345

Im haveing the exact same problem with my autocad download

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 20 of 25 (658 Views)

09-16-2013 01:37 PM in reply to: johncurran.ie

Welcome to the community John!

In this case, the error assigning serial number to product issue is typically caused by a backend profile issue, and is resolved by simply creating a new Education Community account with a new email address.

Can you let us know if that works for you?

Philip Schmelzer
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.