Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

fluffysheep12345
Message 1 of 26 (3,818 Views)
Accepted Solution

Autodesk Maya Student Serial Number Help

3818 Views, 25 Replies
01-14-2013 07:41 PM

Hello, I am a student and have tried to download the student version of Austodesk Maya 2013.  When I click on Maya from the Download Center I get this message: Error assigning serial number to product: This is an operation implementation generated fault. and directly under it is what appears to be what everyone else gets.  I think this is supposed to happen but when I try to put in the serial number that it gave me (and continues to give me on multiple computers) (I can post the serial number if needed but it seems to be the default one) during the activation of the license I get this message: The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1) So out of curiosity I attempted to download some of the others and got the same message.  I actually cant get to the maya download page anymore from the Download Center or 3dsMax but that is what it said when I could (this morning I could but not anymore)  I had already downloaded maya from there on different users of my computer but It's not working so I make new users to try again.  So sorry to trouble anyone, but I would really like to know how to get this and get help from a professional, because I have been trying for the past 4 days and its been very frustrating.  Thanks in advanced

Hi @OnCraft , welcome to the Community!

If this is your first time downloading from the Education Community and you are seeing invalid serial number errors, the best and easiest workaround is to create a new account on the Education Community and obtain a new serial number (a full product download is NOT needed, simply go as far as obtaining the serial number and cancel the download).

Please accept as solution if my post fully resolves your issue, or reply with additional details if the problem persists.

Customer Service
joane.bonghanoy
Message 2 of 26 (3,811 Views)

Re: Autodesk Maya Student Serial Number Help

01-14-2013 10:33 PM in reply to: fluffysheep12345

Hi fluffysheep12345,

Please send me a Private Message (click on my joane.bonghanoy profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) with your Serial Number. Upon reply please also include a screenshot of the error you encountered.

Joane Bonghanoy
mstokov
Message 3 of 26 (3,807 Views)

01-15-2013 02:11 AM in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

Hello, I'm also a student and am having the same problem with AutoCAD 2010. I get my serial number and product key, and AutoCAD accepts it during the installation, but after installlation, when I run AutoCAD, it checks for activation/registration, and I go for the automatic activation, where it says that my numbers are invalid, and I get the key, the request key, I believe it is, with which I can manually get the activation key on the www.autodesk.com/register. BUT! When I went there, logged in, it asks me to pick my product: AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 or Autodesk Inventor 2012. I use Inventor, but ACAD Mechanical 2012 was... not suited for me, so I wanted to use AutoCAD 2010, but it's not there on the list. What should I do?

I'm supposed to transfer my drawings from Inventor to AutoCAD when I finish modelling, and that will be soon. Please assist!

Thank you!

Community Manager
camilo.lemos
Message 4 of 26 (3,799 Views)

01-15-2013 02:37 AM in reply to: mstokov

Hi mstokov and welcome to the forums:smileyhappy: 

I have removed your attachment from your post as it contained your product serial number. Please, do not post your serial number on public forums as it can jeopardize your account and ability to activate software in the future.

I've just checked both your serial number and your account on the Education Community and you don't seem to have downloaded AutoCAD 2010, therefore you will not see it on the list of products you can activate. The first step is to log on to the Education Community, go to Free Software and download the software you wish to activate.

As a tip, if you are going to transfer drawings from Inventor 2012 to AutoCAD, I suggest you download AutoCAD 2012 or 2013 as the 2010 version may not be able to fully read files made on later versions of the software.

Let me know if you need any further assistance:smileyhappy:

Camilo Lemos
mstokov
Message 5 of 26 (3,790 Views)

01-15-2013 04:21 AM in reply to: camilo.lemos

Thank you for the reply (didn't expect it so quickly). I have just downloaded AutoCAD 2010 (again) and same thing happens. I have attached three screenshots in which I have blurred any important information. In the last post, I have drawn a red rectangle oner the information, but doesn't matter.

In the first, you can see that I downloaded today and on January 9th.

In the second you can see that I am registered at www.autodesk.com/register, but only have two options.

The third screenshot shows that my download was actually never registered by autodesk.com as that is the status AFTER I downloaded and installed and tried to register the 2010 the second time.

Please assist, thank you!

Community Manager
camilo.lemos
Message 6 of 26 (3,784 Views)

01-15-2013 04:33 AM in reply to: mstokov

Hi mstokov,

There seems to be an error which is preventing the website from assigning a serial number to your AutoCAD 2010. WE are looking into it and will let you know as soon as this has been reseolved.

Meanwhile, have you considered downloading the 2012 or 2013 version for compatibility purposes?

Regards,

Camilo Lemos
mstokov
Message 7 of 26 (3,781 Views)

01-15-2013 04:43 AM in reply to: camilo.lemos

Well, I used 2010 in my university, and it was great and very reliable. I will try to install the 2012 version at home. Thanks for the assistance.

mstokov
Message 8 of 26 (3,774 Views)

01-15-2013 05:39 AM in reply to: mstokov

I have downloaded and installed AutoCAD 2012 and I get the same problem.

I will try again tomorrow, and until then I will use the 30 day trial.

Please look into it and solve it. Thank you very much for your assistance

mike.hf1337
Message 9 of 26 (3,710 Views)

01-22-2013 11:55 PM in reply to: mstokov

Hello, I'm having the same problem with downloading 3D Studio Max 2011 :smileysad:

I need it for my educational program, but I keep getting the error =\ 

Please help me! 

Community Manager
camilo.lemos
Message 10 of 26 (3,702 Views)

01-23-2013 12:15 AM in reply to: mike.hf1337

Hi Mike and welcome to the forums!

Can you give us more detail on the error you are encountering?
Is there an error message and, if so, what does it say?

Thank you.

Camilo Lemos
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.