Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

Davidoron1
Message 1 of 4 (231 Views)
Accepted Solution

Autodesk Maya student license capabilities

231 Views, 3 Replies
01-16-2014 06:45 AM

I have 2 questions concerning the Maya student license. 1.: Can I upload videos I've made in Maya to Youtube if they aren't monetized. Thus, I make no money. 2.: If so, could I then buy a commercial license and monetize the videos I made and uploaded previously.

Thanks!

Community Manager
jessica.t
Message 2 of 4 (213 Views)

Re: Autodesk Maya student license capabilities

01-16-2014 09:06 AM in reply to: Davidoron1

Hello David and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

1. Educational Community software can be used to showcase your work but there cannot be compenstation involved and the videos must be for non-commercial purposes.

2. No. Anything created by an educational license will not be able to be used for commercial/monetary purposes, ever. Even if you buy a commercial license later, that previously created work cannot be used for profit reasons later.

Please see the Education Community terms of use for further information or contact copyright.agent@autodesk.com.

Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Davidoron1
Message 3 of 4 (205 Views)

01-16-2014 09:49 AM in reply to: jessica.t
OK Thanks!
Community Manager
jessica.t
Message 4 of 4 (189 Views)

01-16-2014 11:30 AM in reply to: Davidoron1

You're very welcome! If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask :smileyhappy:

Jessica Thrasher
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.