Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Licensing crash. Cannot start Inventor 2014

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
jelles
2737 Views, 18 Replies

Autodesk Licensing crash. Cannot start Inventor 2014

Hi,

I just installed Inventor 2014 on my laptop. And it does'nt work. 

When i start te program i get an Autodesk Licensing box, it says: Please whait wile your licensing is being verified. 

Then i get an error that Autodesk component crashed. There wil be an notification when there is an solution to the problem. When i click it away. I have to manually shut down the Inventor Process in Taskmanager. 

It's very annoying because i need Inventor for my school work. 

On my previous Windows Installation Inventor 2010 worked fine! So i don't know why Inventor 2014 isn't working! 

Please help me! If i don't get it work. I get in serious trouble.

I also had help with the support desk between an Twitter conversation.

I added an attachment, there is the crash notification. Sorry, but it is in Dutch.

Jelle

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
Darin.Green
in reply to: jelles

Try changing the compatibility mode to Windows Vista SP1within the shortcut properties for Inventor 2014 then launch the application.

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 19
TravisNave

Install the license crash hotfix for all 2014 products:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21825687&linkID=12305695

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 19
jelles
in reply to: Darin.Green

Nope... Get the same thing... Get the licensing popup box. And then the error that the component crashed...

When i do that thing in my CMD panel, i get an serialnumber... That's why i thought it was'nt a solution to my problem.

Message 5 of 19
TravisNave

Try logging in an registering as another user with local admin rights, and Internet Explorer as the default browser.  Though, I have seen activation problems with IE10 lately...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 19
Darin.Green

Navigate to System properties (Within the start menu, type "sysdm.cpl" in the search box and hit enter) When the system properties dialog box open, navigate to the Advance tab and click the settings button under Performance.

From the "Visual Effects" tab, choose "Adjust for best performance" then click Ok all the way out.

Start Inventor again to see if the app loads.

Hope this help

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution

Message 7 of 19
jelles

Tried it on another account with Internet Explorer 10 as standard browser. Visual Effects set on Best performance but doesn't work either... 

I get an screen i have to accept the license terms and when i press OK, it does the same as on my standard account.

I don't know what to do guys...

Message 8 of 19
TravisNave

Another common reason Inventor crashes at launch is video card related.  You running a certified driver?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 19
jelles
in reply to: TravisNave

I'm running 2 video cards on my laptop. An integrated Intel and an Nvidia card. I can try it to open it with my Nvidia card. 

The drivers i used from my installation CD. And i think they are up to date!

Message 10 of 19
jelles
in reply to: TravisNave

Oke, i set the default video card for Inventor to my Intel Graphics Card, and Inventor just started... It's not working well but i'm further then before. I now see an error message from my Nvidia graphics card. I'm gonna update the drivers of it, and also for my Intel card. 

Thanks!!

Message 11 of 19
Darin.Green

Jelles,

You're running Optimus on your machine which is causing the issue. We've experienced the same type of issues with over 40 Dell Precision 6600 laptops and to resolve them we disabled optimus.

NVIDIA Optimus needs to be disabled from the bios. While in the bios, navigate to Video > and uncheck Use Optimus...

Once you reboot the machine, you'll need to adjust your screen resolution. Every application you run will now use your NVIDIA card without any problems.

Message 12 of 19
TravisNave

He's right. We disabled it on our Dells too. Get on it.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 13 of 19
AnkushVed

Check if this known issue is applicable to you by running the command line specified in the article. If yes, then use the solution shared in the link:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21825687&linkID=9240617

Ankush Ved
Product Manager, Autodesk Licensing
Message 14 of 19
bobanftn

I also have a problem with starting Inventor 2014. I finished instalation, everything works except for Inventor. I mean, DWG TrueView works, ReCap works, Vault works, but the main software doesn't. When I try to start inventor all I get is this windows opened. I downloaded it like 10 times, tried to instal it directly at first, then I tried downloading it first. I allways get the same result.

Please help!

Message 15 of 19
Darin.Green
in reply to: bobanftn

Hi Bob,

I've seen this behavior with AntiVirus applications--more specifically "Trend Micro". Disable the antivirus application and run Inventor again.

Thanks,

Darin Green

Message 16 of 19
bobanftn

Hi, Darin

I did try that, it didn't work. I still get the same message. I tried to
uninstall it, and install it again. Also didn't work.
Do you maybe have some other suggestion, anything else I should try to do?
I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks You.

With regards,
Boban Đurđevic
Message 17 of 19
Darin.Green
in reply to: bobanftn

Bob,

Are you using a Dell laptop? Right click the Inventor shortcut from the desktop and see if you have "Run with Graphics Processor" in the menu. When you hover over it, you'll see two graphics cards (Intel and NVIDIA), choose Intel.

If you have this option in the right click menu, it means you have Optimus enabled. You'll need to disable optimus from the bios during the boot up of your machine.

Let me know...

Thanks,

Message 18 of 19
tomhurns

I believe your issue is related to the July windows update... Check out this blog on the topic: http://blog.longbowsoftware.com/verifying-license-autocad-not-responding-crash/
Message 19 of 19
tomhurns
in reply to: tomhurns

Oops, wrong thread... sorry everyone

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report