Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoDesk License Letter Received in Mail

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
AdminSaratoga
1378 Views, 3 Replies

AutoDesk License Letter Received in Mail

I received a letter in the mail from AutoDesk stating I may have requested more than two activation codes for one of my AutoCAD LT serial numbers. I think this might be related to the two licenses I have that were improperly transfered to another two computers. One computer needed the OS resintalled, after it was rebuilt I put the lisence back on it. Then another computer I took that license to put on a new pc, and did not uninstall the autocad yet. I do not and was not planning on keeping autocad on the old second computer, it is in storage. I do not have a login account for both licenses, so i was unable to properly transfer the keys over. How do I fix this issue? Is it only detecting the one license that is on both computers? Is there a support number I can call for assistance? They never specified what lisence was the issue or what version of AutoCad LT. I only assume that it is related to the two computers mentioned prviously. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: AdminSaratoga

It's probably just a reminder not to try to activate more than your allotted amount and to let you know that they are aware of multiple activations just incase there is a piracy situation that you are unaware of.  I wouldn't sweat it.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: TravisNave

I've had similar notifications when activating software on new laptops which weren't on our network.  Just explain the situation to the support personnel and follow their instructions.  If you are repeatedly activating more licenses, then there will be a pretty good chance you will be officially audited for actual license use so its a good idea to keep everything in order.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: dgorsman

Yep.  You always hear about companies auditing license usage.  Well, Autodesk actually does it. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report