Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Inventor Pro 2012 Won't Install At All

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
djmally
6145 Views, 6 Replies

Autodesk Inventor Pro 2012 Won't Install At All

Thanks!

I downloaded the free student version of Inventor Pro 2012, but the program fails to install every time I try. I get through the license agreement, serial key, and customization screens, but when the installation screen comes up, I get a message saying that everything failed to install (screenshot of the error is attached). I'm running Win7 64-bit, and my hardware is definitely well above the minimum system requirements. Does anyone know why this might be happening, and how I can fix it? I'd really like to be able to use Inventor...

6 REPLIES 6
Message 3 of 7

see from the screenshot, Design Review installed failed.please find the log file in "temp" folder and attach it. it seems there are some third software install failed

you can try to uninstall other Design Review version if you installed before and install the new one again

if you don't need Design Review and Vault temporary, you can uncheck them when you select products to install and see if they can install successfully.

Message 4 of 7
dobrinikola
in reply to: djmally

I unchecked all boxes except first one,and it worked 😄

Spoiler

Message 5 of 7
halengdog5
in reply to: dobrinikola

hey im also having this problem, im at the serial number part and it gives 2 options to pick from for license type: stand-alone or network, ive tried for 4 times now and i get the same issue as dj, should i pick a certain option or what? please help

Message 6 of 7
jessica.t
in reply to: halengdog5

Hi @halengdog5 and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

From our records it appears that you have licenses from our Education Community which are all standalone deployments. Did you try all of the troubleshoot suggestions that David provided in the post above? How did they work out? Please feel free to respond to this post with any further information. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 7 of 7
worgustan
in reply to: jessica.t

I also encontered the same problem during installation. I was able to uncheck all the installations except the first one and it worked perfectly.

Stanley

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report