Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Inventor and Product Design Suite Ultimate License Cascading

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
318 Views, 6 Replies

Autodesk Inventor and Product Design Suite Ultimate License Cascading

Is anyone out there sucessfully cascading Inventor Standard and Product Design Suite Ultimate Licenses, specifically using Inventor 2011?

We had a few PDSU licenses and added some Inventor Std. licenses to support additional users (we spend most of our time not using Inventor's Pro features). Our reseller and Autodesk have sent us license file after license file for the last couple of months, but we have never managed to pull any of the Inventor Std. licenses. We've upgraded our license server, and I've checked usage with all of the professional-related plugins turned off and nothing opened, but I still pull a PDSU license.

Is there a specific expert that we should try to get in touch with? Is this just never going to work? Believe it or not, I'm a touch frustrated by this debacle. Thanks.

Oh, and the standard information - I'm on a Windows 7, 64-bit machine running Inventor 2011 with Service Pack 2.

-Simon

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

were both products generated on the same day and then combined into 1 license file?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

It is my understanding that Autodesk has re-generated the file with all the licenses on the same day. Is there a way for me to double check this given the license file?

Message 4 of 7
DarrenP

yes it should say at the top of the license file

the line looks like this: INCREMENT 85796PDSU_2012_0F adskflex 1.000 11-may-2012 25

there should 1 for each product in the license file

you can also use this website www.licenseparser.com

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

Thanks. Some of the early files that we tried have mismatched dates, but the last few have all been on the same day.

Message 6 of 7
DarrenP

this is also an issue with the building suites: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=18016739&linkID=9243099

its probably the same way with Product Design suite

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
INACTIVE_Timmy.DeAustria

I would check the link DarrenP had posted http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=5913679&linkID=2475323 . If any of the workarounds doesn't work for you, please login to Subscription and open a case. Please have all your contract information ready (number of licenses, Product Name, Host ID, MAC Address). Product Support need to request a custom license file generated for you.

Timmy De Austria
Product Support | Up and Ready Blog | If my reply was helpful, please Kudo or Accept as Solution. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report