Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Inventor 2015 - Failure to install (again and again...)

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
loganodden
4200 Views, 9 Replies

Autodesk Inventor 2015 - Failure to install (again and again...)

Had an issue with the trial version.

Purchased an annual license

Downloaded and tried again.

Went through the steps to remove the previous version (both using Control Panel and manual steps including registry edit) and used the Microsoft Windows Clean-up Tool.

Tried this several times.

Currently, I get a message:

"Installation Complete - Some products failed to install"

Log file ends with:

2014/9/28:20:13:01 Log LOG-PC Installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable ATL Security Update (x64): "C:\Autodesk\WI\Autodesk AutoCAD Inventor LT Suite 2015\3rdParty\x64\VCRedist\2005SP1ATL\vcredist_x64.exe" /q:a /T:C:\Windows\temp /c:"VCREDI~2.EXE /q:a /c:""msiexec /i vcredist.msi /qn /l*v C:\Users\Log\AppData\Local\Temp\vcredist_x64_2005.log"" "
2014/9/28:20:13:03 Log LOG-PC Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable ATL Security Update (x64) Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603

For the lastest attempts, I had already removed Visual C++ 2005 and rebooted. According to Control Panel, I have Visual C++ 2008, 2010 & 2012. But no 2005.

From the attached log you can see that that we've been having fun and games trying to get this to work.

Edit: Forgot to mention - no antivirus installed yet. Waiting for this product to install.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
loganodden
in reply to: loganodden

Also forgot to mention...

I tried the editing the registry edit  -  added a RegistrySizeLimit key set to infinite - rebooted and made no difference.

Since deleted that key as it seemed useless for my problem. 

Message 3 of 10
TravisNave

Installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable ATL Security Update (x64):

Try installing that update manually. Or uninstall Visual C++ 2005 completely and retry the setup.

You can also modify the setup.ini file to ignore this error.

For more information on this process, please see my KB article here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Install-NET-Framework-Language-Pack-Failed-Inst...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 10
dembkod

loganodden

Usually uninstalling all the C++ and letting the installer replace them is enough. If this does not work for you, we should:

-Download the installer completely and run it. Make sure it fails.

-Comment out the Setup.ini file and save

-Install

Download from the Virtual Agent here:

http://autodesk.creativevirtual15.com/autodesk/bot.html?isJSEnabled=1&businessArea=Root.Front%20Desk...

Run the downloaded file and it will extract. After it extracts it should automatically start the installer.  Cancel out of the installer

1.)  Navigate to the c:\Autodesk\Autodesk Inventor 2015\ folder.

2.)  Open the Setup.ini file in Microsoft Notepad.

3.)  Click Edit > Replace

4.)  In the “Find What” field enter    PREREQ

5.)  In the “Replace With” field enter    #PREREQ

6.)  Click  “Replace All”

7.)  Save the file.

8.)  Run the installer.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 5 of 10
loganodden
in reply to: dembkod

I will try these solutions tonight, although I am sure Visual C++ 2005 was totally uninstalled. That's what was confusing me.
Message 6 of 10
loganodden

I tried the edits to the setup.ini file. I got past the original error concerning Visual C++ 2005.

It looked good for a while, installing Inventor, it seemed, until I got an error:

Error 1402: could not open key

UNKNOWN/Components/5F272......etc.

SO: I gave up and restored Windows to Factory Settings (i.e., just like the day I got it.) I then applied all recommended Windows updates.

I created a restore point and exported a copy of the registry (you can probably guess why, given all the places in the registry the install "intrudes")

Then I started the download and installed fresh - on a system with nothing added accept the Chrome browser. 

Then I selected the option to install the tools and components.

Then I repeated the process to install Inventor.

Then I got the message: Installation Failed - Some components failed to install. This was around the Visual C++ 2012 components. The log entry ends with:

2014/9/29:21:57:18 Logan LOGAN-PC Installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x86): "C:\Autodesk\WI\Autodesk AutoCAD Inventor LT Suite 2015\3rdParty\x86\VCRedist\2012\vcredist_x86.exe" /install /quiet /norestart2014/9/29:21:57:19 Logan LOGAN-PC Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x86) Failed Installation aborted, Result=-2147024546

On a clean machine? Really guys, it should be easier than this.

Message 7 of 10
loganodden

I checked out the error code Result=-2147024546 and saw a recommendation to remove the offending version of VC++, so I removed Visual C++ 2012 from my system and tried again.

One way or another, Autodesk Inventor 2015 Installed!

I updated the software as recommended by the application manager.

AutoCAD LT 2015, Autodesk Design Review, and Autodesk 360, Autodesk Inventor LT 2015 seem to be working, They open up and seem ready for business.

(Actually, the first time I opened Inventor, the cursor "spun" forever and I eventually had to restart Windows after an Autodesk 360 update forced the restart...)

I consider this problem closed.

Message 8 of 10
loganodden

Additional comment:
The spinning cursor on opening was fixed by opening Inventor "as Administrator" every time. I adjusted the shortcut properties to open as administrator. No problems since then.
Message 9 of 10
ArpanKoirala1

Install all the applications from 3rd party folder and your problem should be fixed. And restart your computer before installation.

Message 10 of 10

Hi,

I has a similar problem, and someone told me that I have to install 3rd party product manually...

I find a way here :

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/install-material-library-2015-failed-installati...

maybe try the CM component install test ?

SR

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report