Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoDesk Inventor 2012 Service Pack 2 installation problem

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
gpaubuchon
476 Views, 8 Replies

AutoDesk Inventor 2012 Service Pack 2 installation problem

I am trying to install Service Pack 2 for AutoDesk Inventor 2012. When I launch the installer I get to a point where I receive an error saying that I do not have sufficient permission to a specific registry key. I am running Windows Xp with serive pack 3 and am logged in as Administrator. This did not change the problem.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: gpaubuchon

Check the permissions on the specific registry key in question.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 9
gpaubuchon
in reply to: TravisNave

I have logged in as Administrator and checked the permissions for the specific key. The administrator account has full control but it does not make any difference.

Gregory P. Aubuchon
District Technician
851-4755
Greg.aubuchon@fhsdschools.org
Message 4 of 9
TravisNave

Try adding full control to the key to the everyone account.  Replace permissions to child keys.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 9
gpaubuchon

Tried your suggestion. No change to problem.

Gregory P. Aubuchon
District Technician
851-4755
Message 6 of 9
TravisNave

Post the error here so we can see it. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 9
gpaubuchon

The error message is "Error 1402 The registry key could not be opened. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AUTODESK\\Revision16.0 (Inbetween Autodesk and Revisioin16.0 is where I inserted INVENTOR) Make sure you have sufficient permissions to access this key"

Thanks

Gregory P. Aubuchon
District Technician
851-4755
Message 8 of 9
TravisNave

Definitely a reg problem.  Can you screencap the error? 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 9
gpaubuchon

I had another computer that I could load Windows Xp on and also install the Autodesk Inventor. I did that and did not have any problem installing the service pack. Since our last email I have been informed that some time in the near future these units are to be replaced. I am also looking into upgrading these units to Windows 7 if the replacement is postponed. Thanks for your help.

Gregory P. Aubuchon
District Technician
851-4755

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report