Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Inventor 2012 Professional

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
819 Views, 11 Replies

Autodesk Inventor 2012 Professional

I am trying to install Inventor 2012  and am not being given the option to do so.  After saving the 3 GB Inventor program, I entered my valid serial number and product key.  On the next page (i.e. "Install >Configure Installation page), there is a red circle with a bar across it in front of the Autodesk Inventor 2012 little square box that I need to check so that it will install this option.  When I hover over this red circle with bar, I get a popup message, "Microsoft Vista Hotfix KB971138 is required for installation.  Please refer to http://usa.autodesk.com/.........."  I went to that Autodesk Inventor Services & Support webpage and followed instructions; meaning I ran the Hotfix, however, I still can NOT check the box that preceeds the Autodesk Inventor 2012 option that I need to Install.   Also, I can install Autodesk Inventor 2012 Fusion and Autodesk Design Review, neither of which will help me at this time.  What next??  

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

You might try the install again.  I have a download of the necessary patch here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Email-with-hotfix-for-inventor-has-no-password/...

Make sure you reboot after installation. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous

One possible solution for my problem might be that I didn't select the correct option before I enter the serial number & product key.  The 3 options are: 1) Create Deployment; 2) Install Tools & Utilities; 3) Install on this computer.  I chose the 3rd option, however, maybe I was supposed to choose the 1st option, Create Deployment??  When I tried that option last night, I was not sure what to put in the blank spaces that followed that option, e.g. what location (via Browse button)  to put the deployment at, etc.

Message 4 of 12
TravisNave

Nah, deployment is to create an installation for network deploy onto a host of other computers.  If you are doing a single install, then you only need to install the product locally.  You might just try to reapply the patch, reboot, and try the install again. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

I installed the Hotfix you gave me the location to and then rebooted.  Next I went to the location where the Inventor "stuff" is stored on my C: drive.  I ran the "Setup" application and AGAIN I receive the same webpage (i.e. "Install >Configure Installation page), where there is a red circle with a bar across it in front of the Autodesk Inventor 2012 little square box that I need to check so that it will install this option.  So, I still can NOT check the box that preceeds the Autodesk Inventor 2012 option that I need to Install.  Until I can get rid of the red circle & bar in front of the Inventor option, I can't see how I'm going to be able to install this program.  Also, I have 11.9 GB free space  to download programs to on my C:/ drive. 

Message 6 of 12
TravisNave

And when you mouseover that red bar, does it say you need to install the hotfix?  Or is there a new problem?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

Yes, it gives me the same message: "Microsoft Vista Hotfix KB971138 is required for installation.  Please refer to http://usa.autodesk.com/.........."   Currently, I deleted the entire Inventor "stuff" from my C drive and am going to try to re-install the setup Inventor "stuff" again.

Message 8 of 12
TravisNave

What service pack is your Vista running?  And is it 32-bit or 64-bit Vista?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

My last reply was SP2 & 32-bit.  I currently have Autodesk AutoCAD 2012 loaded on my computer (32-bit version) and have had no problems with it.  I had also downloaded Inventor fusion when I originally installed AutoCAD, however, I deleted the Inventor fusion stuff since it wasn't what I need.  Do you have any other ideas?  Do you know how I can get rid of those red circles with the bar across them (located in front of the check box I need to check in order to download Inventor)?

Message 10 of 12
TravisNave

I suspect the problem is with your OS.  Have you considered upgrading to Windows 7?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

I just downloaded/ran the Hotfix you suggested. Do I need to delete all of the Autodesk Inventor files currently on my computer before I try to reinstall Inventor?
Message 12 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

SP2 & 32-bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report