Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk inventor 2011 instalation error

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
jag26
844 Views, 7 Replies

Autodesk inventor 2011 instalation error

I have downloaded and extracted the three zip files for Autodesk inventor 2011, however when I try and install the product I get the error "Cannot update some system components now. Please reboot the machine and try again."

I have rebooted, removed the antivirus , and still no luck...

Any ideas

Many Thanks

Joe

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: jag26

Install as Administrator and make sure UAC is disabled if you are using Vista or Windows 7. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 8
jag26
in reply to: TravisNave

I have re-booted 5 times this morning with UAC off and running as administrator and the installation fails each time with the same error.  I am running Win 7 64bit.

Message 4 of 8
TravisNave

Create a new user with admin rights and install from there.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 8
klzsailing
in reply to: TravisNave

I have the same problem when installing Simulation CFD 2013 (student/teacher version): "Cannot update some system component now. Please reboot the machine and try again".

I'm astonished that this very frequent problem remains unsolved from march 2011 !!

Are the autodesk experts still checking the forums?

I have administrator privileges

Windows XP 32 bits sp2

17GB free disk space

installation log attached

Message 6 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: klzsailing

Consider updating to service pack 3 for Windows. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 8
klzsailing

I've allready installed Service Pack 3, it didn't work.

Windows XP
version 2002
Service Pack 3
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU
Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
3.25 GB RAM

SimulationCFD error.jpg

Message 8 of 8
emily.xu
in reply to: klzsailing

I have some suggestions for you:

1  Turn off anti-virus

2  Update Windows Installer,you can get the latest one from here.

3  Try Windows Update, see if you have something need to update for the OS.

Emily Xu
Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report