Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk EULA and non Citrix Virtualization

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
hashim.mundol
15869 Views, 17 Replies

Autodesk EULA and non Citrix Virtualization

Recent question from a Customer, regarding EULA and running on non-Citrix virtualized environment

"What is the current situation regarding licensing of AutoDesk products on machines running Microsoft Remote Desktop Services?
I have heard of license agreements being changed to allow installation on Remote Desktop Services machines running Citrix XenApp, but I'm not sure whether a)this is the case and b)if so whether that would also apply to Microsoft Remote Desktop Services Servers without Citrix. If someone could clarify the situation, that would be great."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Extract from AUTOCAD 2012 EULA

11.          Session Specific Network License.  If the License Identification identifies the License Type as a "Session Specific Network License", Licensee may install one (1) copy of the specific release of the Licensed Materials designated in the applicable License Identification on a Computer and permit Access to such Licensed Materials from multiple Computers through a Supported Virtualization Application, on a Networked Basis, solely by Licensee's Personnel , solely for Licensee's Internal Business needs, only so long as the maximum number of concurrent Sessions does not exceed the Permitted Number or other limits imposed by the Autodesk License Manager tool (if any).  For purposes of this Session Specific Network License, (a) a “Session” is defined as a single interactive information exchange between two Computers that are connected through a Supported Virtualization Application, and (b) “Supported Virtualization Application(s)” are those third party virtualization applications or methods that are specifically identified as supported by Autodesk in the User Documentation for the Licensed Materials.  With respect to the applicable Supported Virtualization Application, Licensee agrees to activate any available session tracking mechanism, not disable any such session tracking mechanism and to retain all records generated by such session tracking mechanism.   A Session Specific Network License is for a perpetual term, except as otherwise provided in this Agreement.

*Currently  "Supported Virtualization Application" is Citrix XenApp, and limited to some  Autodesk Products only.

Hence any non supported Virtualization would be breach of EULA.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 18

There were some follow up questions on this about Education license or NFR (not for resale) license.

Answer is, this is applicable to all the license types. Special Session specific license (for the supported products) should be purchased to run on Citrix.

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 18
Giladams
in reply to: hashim.mundol

I was wondering how do we get the Citrix Version of the Autodesk ready apps?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=13959101

Autodesk’s Citrix-Ready™ certified products include:

• AutoCAD® 2012
  • AutoCAD® Architecture 2012
  • AutoCAD® MEP 2012
  • AutoCAD® Mechanical 2012
  • AutoCAD Raster Design 2012
  • AutoCAD® Revit® MEP Suite 2012
  • Revit® Architecture 2012
  • Revit® Structure 2012
  • Revit® MEP 2012
  • AutoCAD® Map 3D
  • AutoCAD® Map 3D Enterprise
  • Autodesk® Design Review 2012

I'm working with a customer who woul like to use Xen app and Autocad even if they had to be beta testers ..

Gil

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 18
hashim.mundol
in reply to: Giladams

Insllation/installer is the same as normal verions, its only the license file which makes it Citrix ready.

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 18

Hello Hashim,

we have Customer who wants to use Citrix Ready Products from Building Desing Suite (Revit,AutoCAD) in Citrix Environment.

How about this? Is it possible to become a valid Licensce File (Sesseion specific) for BDS for my Customer?

I have spoken with my Autodesk Contact Person from License Complicance and he said, that there are no Licence Problems on it but i doubt that Autodesk can make a valid Licensce file for BDS.

Thank You

Regards,

Yuliy

Message 7 of 18

Normally no, CItrix specific license can only be for Individual supported products.

But

You can talk to you the sales person and find an alternative to create seperate license for individual products.

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 18
DarrenP

so what your saying is that it can be done for Revit Architecture Suite 2012?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 18
David_Metcalf
in reply to: DarrenP

Good Morning all,

Has there been any change to this restriction?

I did a cheack and some users are attempting to run no Cirix solutions, although badly.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/zh/winserverTS/thread/f69204e5-4ba3-42aa-be0c-618ae5f6dc7...

Please let us know any offial updates regarding this.

Thanks,

David

Message 10 of 18
DarrenP
in reply to: David_Metcalf

i doubt it

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 11 of 18
David_Metcalf
in reply to: DarrenP

I agree, we would have no doubt heard all about it. We have users who have a established Microsoft remote solution.

Message 12 of 18

We have Revit 2012 on our Citrix Xen App 6.5 (2xVirtual Server) Environment runnig.

User recieved popup about No-Hardware-Acceleration at start from Revit. But overall performance ist good -> Hardwareserver doesnt have CAD-Grafik.

Regards,

Yuliy

Message 13 of 18

Thanks for the input Yurliy,

I didn't think Virtualization and RemoteDesk Top was a good solution beyond the LAN.

Aaron Maller will present their solution from The Beck Group:

CM2593 - Autodesk® Revit® for the Field: Making It Mobile Without Microsoft® Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) and Citrix® ZenDesktop™ Even While Staying Connected

https://www.autodeskuniversity2012.com/connect/speakerDetail.ww?PERSON_ID=B360DE732873F873A42E420D7B...

Message 14 of 18

Dear Mr. Hashim Mundol

I am Syed Sadat Hussain from Engineering Systems Pakistan. Engineering Systems is an Authorized Channel Partner for Pakistan Regrion. I required some information could you please send me your email address where i will contact you directlry.

I shall be very thankfull for this fever.

Best Regards

Message 15 of 18

Hi

We are in the process of testing different virtualization tools.... Citrix, VMware-workspace, Spoon Studio.   I'm wondering which one is Support by Autodesk

thank

Evelyn

Message 16 of 18
mdbpcpc
in reply to: David_Metcalf

What has been your results.  We do not work with Citrix and are trying to remain with Microsoft Server 2013 APp servers.  The licensing posts inthis discussion go back to 2011.

Message 17 of 18
scott.baker
in reply to: mdbpcpc

Please see the new FAQ on the Autodesk Knowledge Network regarding virtualization:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/article/Autodesk-Virtualization-FAQ 

Scott Baker
Automation & Licensing
Message 18 of 18
jrchh1

Hi Hasmin,
The link "Autodesk Products only" you gave included only Inventor 2016 for Citrix. Does it mean that Autodesk stops to work with Citrix for all the 2016 products ?

I'm interesting to know if "Robot Structural Analysis Pro 2016" and " 3DS Max Design 2016" NLM release can be work within Citrix VDI environment.

Thanks for your answers.
Regards
JR

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report