Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Episode V - Stupidity Strikes Again

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
SeanMacOz
388 Views, 4 Replies

Autodesk Episode V - Stupidity Strikes Again

Tried to logon to subscription centre this morning to download our software which we paid for a week ago and got this interesting note below stating the website will be down until November 2011. Yep, 2011.

We are having to buy subsequent licenses due to an Autodesk f**k up in the first place, and now we can't even access our software which we have paid for.

Merry Christmas Autodesk. A bunch of bananas will arrive for you monkeys soon 🙂

The Subscription Center is currently undergoing maintenance. You will not be able to access some Subscription Center features during this time.

The Subscription Center will become available at the date and time shown in the chart below.

GMT: Tuesday, November 15, 2011 12:00 AM
Eastern Time (EST): Monday, November 14, 2011 7:00 PM
Central European Time (CET): Tuesday, November 15, 2011 1:00 AM
Japan: Tuesday, November 15, 2011 9:00 AM
Korea: Tuesday, November 15, 2011 9:00 AM
Singapore: Tuesday, November 15, 2011 8:00 AM
India: Tuesday, November 15, 2011 5:30 AM

We appreciate your patience while we work to improve Autodesk Subscription.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: SeanMacOz

Those who make no mistakes may cast the first stone...  <crickets>

Maybe they have a junior who borked it up, maybe somebody had a long trip after AU.  "Stuff" happens, let them know as you would like to be informed of a mistake *you* missed, and it will be fixed.  Name calling solves nothing in the digital realm.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 5
pendean
in reply to: dgorsman

Subscription Center seems to be up and running today (Monday, a workday): I did not check it yesterday (Sunday, often a day when IT firms like to take systems down for repairs).

It is a silly mistake to have the wrong date on the message and can be frustrating for someone who waited a week to log-in on a Sunday to do work.
Message 4 of 5
jessica.t
in reply to: SeanMacOz

Greetings Sean,

I apologize that this error interrupted your work and caused such an inconvenience. The Subscription Center is back up and functioning as usual. We try to apply updates in the slow times, but unfortunately we will inevitably disturb at least a few of our customers though it is not our intention.

And thanks for jumping in Dean and David! Smiley Happy

Happy Holidays!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 5 of 5
SeanMacOz
in reply to: dgorsman

Why would you put a junior in charge of such things? We've paid just under $10,000 this week to Autodesk for Vault software, and when we logged into subscription to download the installer we were met with the previous (outdated) closure message. This is on top of 6 weeks of battling because the original plan for this year was to reduce vault to just Basic and Professional, however that changed and it f**ked us over in the process, but thats another story all together. Thanks for the constructive critisism, please don a helmet, as the first stone is heading your way soon. The bottom line is when customers pay for something and don't/can't get access to it, they're going to be peeved, and if this is your response, then as Lead Designer I can honestly say I wouldn't want an amature like yourself on my team on any day of the week.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report