Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite 2015 Installation Failures

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
PlumpNoodle
270 Views, 1 Reply

Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite 2015 Installation Failures

Hello.  I have tried twice to install the 30 day trial for the Entertainment Creation Suite Ultimate 2015 package.  

The first time I thought it may have been a fluke, so I uninstalled everything and tried it again. The second time Maya, Mental Ray, DirectConnect, Inventor, and Recap all failed to install.  Since I've tried twice on my own and have not had success I have decided that it's time to see if I can get some help here.  

The only major things that stood out during the installation was that the c++ redistribution package failed for almost an hour of try/retrying.  Oh and BiFrost set off my antivirus and was automatically quarenteened.  Other than that the download and installation seemed to work fine and I kept the webpage open as instructed.

So I'm hoping someone can help figure out how to install this properly, I'm in school and would really love to try out some of the updated features for both Maya and Mudbox.  

Also could someone verify that the BiFrost that is being installed is or isn't a virus and how to make sure it either is or isn't installed with everything else.

Thank you very much for you help.

PlumpNoodle

aka Jeremy Avery

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dembkod
in reply to: PlumpNoodle

PlumpNoodle

Hello. You are conflicting with the Microsoft C++ installers. Uninstall the Microsoft C++ from the machine before you run the installer. You will have multiple entries. I would pull them all out.

After this you will likely install just fine.

At this stage, if not, go to the C:\autodesk\ install folder and open the setup.ini file

Search and replace all PREREQ entries with #PREREQ and save the file. Then run the installer.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report