Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Educational Downloads

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
TwylaFox
380 Views, 3 Replies

Autodesk Educational Downloads

I'm having something of a serious gripe concerning the Autodesk Education Community.  Having registered with my college email address, the system somehow decided that I'm attending some bupkis "Majenta Academy" in "Birmingham, Birmingham, United Kingdom".

I very much suspect that this is why Maya, 3DS Max, and several other titles vanish from the download list whenever I log in.

I've sent several problem reports on the issue to no avail (not even getting responses), and the only functioning chat option is with the sales department.

So what gives?  And how do I get this issue corrected?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TwylaFox
in reply to: TwylaFox

Hello?  Anybody?!?

Message 3 of 4

I used to be a member of the student community and never had any problems during registration or downloads. Sorry.

Melanie Stone
Facilities Data Management
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
mistressofthedorkness.blogspot.com/
Message 4 of 4
philip.s
in reply to: TwylaFox

@TwylaFox wrote:

I'm having something of a serious gripe concerning the Autodesk Education Community.  Having registered with my college email address, the system somehow decided that I'm attending some bupkis "Majenta Academy" in "Birmingham, Birmingham, United Kingdom".

My apologies for the inconvenience Twyla.

We were experiencing in the Education Community the other week which was not allowing users to select their school during the registration process and automatically associating Magenta Academy. In turn this caused certain products not to show up in the Download Center and an "Error assigning serial number to product: This is an operation implementation generated fault" message to display.

With that being said this was resolved and the site is once again fully functional. In order to access the site benefits, please create a new Education Community account using a different email address as your existing profile is corrupt, and request / obtain new serial numbers.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report