Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUTODESK DESIGN ACADMEY 2014 NETWORK EDITION?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
154 Views, 3 Replies

AUTODESK DESIGN ACADMEY 2014 NETWORK EDITION?

ADA 201 EN usb EDU NW ACE 

Hello all, I believe I have the network edition, can I sucessfully install it on a standalone unit? Or I must have a server.

I am on a school site and I am trying to install it in a lab. We do not have a server yet.

On the box it says: Educational Product Networked.

I am assuming its for network interface. I did try installing on standalone and it would not register. I did install all the way thru.

Error 125 code when trying to activate.

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dembkod
in reply to: Anonymous

skhauo

Hello. “Standalone” does not mean “One Computer”. It is the licensing model. If you have a “Networked” licensing serial in your school, you need to install the software as a “Network” license model and point the machine to your license manager. You will be able to use the product when connected to the license network.

You will need a license file for your products and this file will run on a specific machine connected to the network that will act as a server- does not need to be a bona-fide server. It can be a regular windows machine – as log as it is turned on and on your nwtwork so others can connect to it, it can serve licenses.  

You will never activate the products on the client workstations. If you see the word “Activate” when you start the program you have installed incorrectly and need to uninstall and reinstall as a network.

You will need a license file www.autodesk.com/register and will need the name and the mac address of the machine you will be using to distribute licenses in order to get a file generated.

Set up a license manager:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: dembkod

Hello,

Thanks for the info, this will help a lot!

Is there a guide on how to install as networked on client computers and how to install on the "server" computer.

All I have is the usb stick.

thanks

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

For a Quick-Start Guide on configuring the Autodesk License Manager, please see my post for further information:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Quick-Start-Guide-for-Configuring-LMTOOLS/m-p/3...

Afterwards, install the product on the clients as network licensed seats and point them to the license server. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report