Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Building Design Suite licensing questions

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
b.divito
341 Views, 3 Replies

Autodesk Building Design Suite licensing questions

I'm a subscription user atm, and I have recently been updated from Autocad Achitecture 2013 to Autodesk Building Design Suite Standard 2013.

I received an USB instead of DVDs as usual.

I've installed my new suite on a W8 computer.

I noticed problems and at same time noticed that W8 is not supported.

So i downgraded my OS to WinXp and tried to install my prevoius product: Autocad Achitecture 2013

Well: i cannot activate that. The serial number is no longer valid.

Via mail i received a message from Customer care which informed me about the upgraded done and activated when I first installed my Building suite.

Now my question:

- Am I no longer able to run  Autocad Achitecture 2013?

- Since, because of many troubles, the company is intended not to renew the subsctiption, which product will I be able to user in the future? Have I lost the property of using my licensed and paid prevoius products?

Thanks,

Bianca

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: b.divito

You will use the last product that you licensed.  If you cross-graded from Architecture to BDS, then you will use BDS moving forward.  The lease on your previous license is expired.  BDS should include Architecture already, so you can just install that portion using your new serial number and product key.  It's good practice to keep Subscription renewed. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
b.divito
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks for your kind reply.

I need one more help: since I find unconfortable to install from USB media, is there any procedure I can follow (or utility I can use) to split programs to be burned onto DVDs?

Thanks a lot,

Bianca

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: b.divito

You could create a deployment and then burn those to DVD...  I have often done this in the past. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report