Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

mberge
Message 1 of 1 (226 Views)

Autodesk Building Design Suite 2013 Restarting During Install

226 Views, 0 Replies
10-09-2012 09:16 AM

I'm attemptint to install Autodesk Building Design Suite 2013, more specifically the Revit component.  During the install my computer restarts but does not resume the install upon rebooting.

The installer shows "Direct X Runtime 13 of 14 remaining" as installed.

It starts to install "FaroSDK 12 of 14" then reboots every time.

Initially this computer did not have enough hard drive space, so my employer tried to add a hard drive.  One of my coworkers attempted to install to this drive and we had the same rebooting problem.  So we figured it didn't like going to any drive but C.  

So we had our IT guy make the larger hard drive our C drive and move everything over.

After that the installer had the option to change directories grayed out and was stuck trying to install the program to the "K" drive.

After numerous discussions and finger pointing between our IT guy and our Autodesk Reseller who is supposed to be our tech support I uninstalled all versions of Autodesk products 2012 or later per the steps recommended by Autodesk.

The install failed again, so I searched the registry and found boat loads of "K:\Revit" references which I purged.  (I figure the uninstaller should have removed those for me, but hey, whatever)

Purging the registry got us a step further, and the directory path option is no longer grayed out.  However, the installer still restarts the computer unprompted in the middle of the installation.

I've tried and tired to get tech support from our reseller with no luck.  Is there anybody out there who has any ideas of other items I could try?

We had run the trial version of Revit 2012 on this machine previously.

Computer Specs:

Windows XP Service Pack 3

AMD Antholon 64x2 Dual processor 2.09 Ghz

4 GB RAM

Dual ATI Radeon Xpress 1150

And a new large hard drive

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.