Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Application Manager causes VoIP cutout every 10 seconds

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
TravisNave
1984 Views, 4 Replies

Autodesk Application Manager causes VoIP cutout every 10 seconds

Problem:  When using a VoIP application on your computer where Autodesk Application Manager is installed, phone conversations cut out momentarily every 10 seconds.

Cause:  Possible causes may be linked to a keep-alive check that affects QoS on the host machine.  More research will be required.

Work-Around:  After adjusting many settings and upgrading to the latest version (to date: v2.2 April 2, 2014) did not alleviate the issue.  Therefore, the only solution is to exit the application from the systray.  Subsequently, changing the setting to not autostart with Windows or removing it with msconfig are other alternatives. 

appmanager.JPG

For more information about this product, please see this link:

https://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/ACD/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3Aautodeska...

I will try to monitor this issue as more testing occurs.  However, with the increase of VoIP, I felt it necessary to provide this information.

Thanks.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
david.lau
in reply to: TravisNave

Just an FYI, the Application Manager is different from the App Manager.  

Application Manager = Manages updates [Service Packs]

App Manager = App plug-in can be used with AutoCAD to simplify the process of managing apps installed from Exchange.

David Lau
Message 3 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: david.lau

Travis

I think you mean this link: www.autodesk.com/applicationmanager

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: david.lau

Thanks guys, I inadvertently grabbed the wrong link when I did the search.  Of course, my complaint for years on the forums have been the inability to go back and edit posts. 

But yes, the Application Manager with filename of AdAppMgr.exe is the correct reference to the OP.  Thanks again for the clarification.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for reporting the problem. There is a bug logged. Will look into it.

Krishna

Autodesk Application Manager Team

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report