Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Animation Academy 2012 - GPO install

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
taby
338 Views, 2 Replies

Autodesk Animation Academy 2012 - GPO install

I'm at my wits end trying to install AAA2012 with GPO. I can't use the setup.exe for a number of reasons so I need to get this working using GPO.

I've created a deployment including all the products. All that gives me is admin image that is apparently meant to be installed using setup.exe which caused a load of problems with my deployment solution (Specops Deploy). It DOES work when used manually though.

Is there really no way to get an MSI-based admin image like with VIZ2008 / Autocad? Or some other way of using the MSI:s that the deployment wizard creates. The Network Admin Guide just keeps refering to Autocad, it doesn't seem to be updated for AAA2012....

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hashim.mundol
in reply to: taby

Sorry, each individual product's MSI files needs to be added to the GPO (similar to the AutoCAD documentation).

there is no single MSI for the AAA 2012 to deploy all the products.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
gkofoed
in reply to: taby

I too am interested in using a GPO to install AAA2011. I can't seem to get past "Creating an original deployment", because the instructions don't match what I'm seeing when I insert the DVD and start the install. Am I missing someting? Does someone have a "recipe" for doing this? If so, please share or point me at where I can find it. Thanks!

George

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report