Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Autodesk Activation/License Server Failure?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
683 Views, 5 Replies

Autodesk Activation/License Server Failure?

• We have recently renewed our subscriptions, with a change from a variation of different licenses to just AutoCAD Mechanical, in January 2012
  • Our IT dept. (badly) installed a trial version of ACAD Mech 2012 on a new employee's PC as a temmporary solution for as long as we have not received the new packages.
  • Our reseller claims to have fully finished processing the needed changes and placed orders the 10th of February 2012
  • Yesterday (1st of March 2012) the aforementioned trail expired w/o it being able to get activated.
  • We have still not received anything (not even just codes so we could install and activate downloaded versions from the Autodesk website while we wait for usb-sticks or dvds to arrive)
  • Our reseller now says that they cannot get us our materials because the "Autodesk Activation/License Server" was renewed, down or something and they cannot get us anything until it works. (with no given ETA)
  • Something like that would affect more then just us - but I don't see it mentioned anywhere here or on other Autodesk sites/pages.
  • We now basically are in limbo, with one employee with no tools to work with and no real perspective on when we will be able to continue our plans based on Autodesk Mech (introduction, training, installation on new (actually delivered!) PCs etc)

What's going on? Is Autodesk failing here or our reseller?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
celine.manca
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi acwtzwegers,

Could you please send me a private message (using the envelope next to your name) with the order information that your reseller provide you?

I can help you to find the serial number you need to activate your product.

Thanks!

Celine Manca
Message 3 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: celine.manca

sounds like your reseller is failing you

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

Well... yes... but they say Autodesk is failing them - hence I moved my question from them to here. I guess together we should be able to get it resolved, I just like to have more then 1 source on data. šŸ™‚

Message 5 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

I agree with Darren.  I've activated tons of licenses over the time frame that you discuss.  Might be time to look for a better reseller in your area.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

Celine was able to help us out, so I guess the matter is resolved. šŸ™‚

On the matter of changing reseller... I don't know what good it would do for now: It's a Gold Tier reseller we've been with for like a decade, and there's not much better in the Netherlands. It is also the reseller the Autodesk site recommends for us.

Dunno, I think in the future sales etc could better go directly by Autodesk over the web, resellers' would end up to be just training companies.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report