Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk 3DSMax 2014 Install Error

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
anthonyjmorse
8394 Views, 5 Replies

Autodesk 3DSMax 2014 Install Error

Hi 3DS Max Community, I'm currently experiencing trouble downloading my student copy of 3DS Max 2014. I was able to successfully download and install the subcomponents such as Composite and Backburner as well as the Material Archives, but can't find and install the main 3DS Max files. When attempting to repair my install the installer acts as if all the files are there and nothing's wrong. I don't know is this is due to it reading previous installation still inside my computer, but I thoroughly uninstalled and deleted every component and file before trying again. I've tried to install numerous times and uninstalled afterward. Has anyone experienced a similar problem?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
david.lau
in reply to: anthonyjmorse

Try a browser download from students.autodesk.com site.  The button is not very apparent.  

If the software will not install and it appears to be installed but it isn't installed, please use Fix It to uninstall it.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/06/windows-the-basics-of-using-microsoft-fix-it.html

David Lau
Message 3 of 6
anthonyjmorse
in reply to: david.lau

Microsoft Fixit worked like a charm. Thank you!

Message 4 of 6
mikknightus

how to fix error in cad and max  after successfull installation you'll get an error saying... the application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is in correct...

Message 5 of 6
anthongj

im having the same problem as him to except nothig is downloading and microsoft soft fix it cant pick it up

Message 6 of 6
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: anthongj

@anthongj

Welcome to the community...

IF you haven't downloaded and installed anything not sure why you're using Microsoft Fixit.  Smiley Wink

Download and install per:

1. Access the Autodesk Virtual Agent (link is in my signature) and follow the download links to your product.
2. Download all of the parts (some applications only have a single part to download) for your product first. Do not continue until all of the parts have fully downloaded.
3. Navigate to your download folder location and extract (double click) part _001_00X.sfx.exe (or the single file download).
4. In a few seconds the extraction will start and prompt you to extract to C:\Autodesk.
5. Once the extraction is finished, the installation will automatically start.
6. Follow the installation steps for your product

If you want the full recommended installation steps, click on the installation link in my signature.

Good luck on your installation.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report