Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk 3DS Max 2014 Licensing Screen Blank

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Saruba
2704 Views, 9 Replies

Autodesk 3DS Max 2014 Licensing Screen Blank

Hi to all.

I'm having trouble with my newly installed Autodesk 3DS Max 2014.

The problem is that, when I try to start it up, the "Autodesk Licencing" screen is blank and I can't input my license.

I've checked other possible solutions in the community but none have taken effect insofar.

I'm using Windows 7, 64-bit.

I already checked that it's not an Internet Explorer "zone" issue and altered one of Autodesk's common files as instructed: my default browser is Chrome, if it has any relationship with the issue.

Thank you very much for your help and suggestions.

Yours sincerely,

Saruba. 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
philip.s
in reply to: Saruba

Welcome to the community Sabura!

The Internet Explorer solution is the most prominent cause of the blank activation screen issue, and actually does not have anything to do with your default browser setting. What version of IE are you running? Can you try and roll it back to a prior version and let us know if that does the trick?

Message 3 of 10
Saruba

Hi.

Sorry for my late reply: I've been off the forums for some days.

I want to add a screenshot of what happens when I try to activate my Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2014.

I've got Internet Explorer 11 but I've checked that the "zones" aren't activated: I did activate ActiveX controls as other solutions suggested.

I've been in the System Registry, too, but found nothing out of place, either.

As you can see in the photo, I only get a mostly blank screen with a black and gray patch: is there no way to fix it?

Yours sincerely,

Saruba.

Autodesk.png

Message 4 of 10
philip.s

No worries!

Can you pelase temporarily try downgrading versions of IE as well and let me knwo if that has an impact?

Message 5 of 10
Saruba

Hi.

When I've turned off Internet Explorer 11 using the Control Panel > Turn on/off Windows Components (without altering any of the Windows Updates), I get two "radio" buttons on the activation screen: I'd heard of these symptoms before in this same forum.

Should I keep trying to downgrade IE? 

Here's a photo for reference:

Thank you for your help.

AutodeskScreen.png

Message 6 of 10
Saruba

Never mind that anymore: degrading IE to IE9 did it.

Thank you for your help insofar.

Message 7 of 10
philip.s

Yay! You're most very welcome and please don't hesitate to let us know if anything else comes up.

Message 8 of 10
frederic.fy

Hi Saruba,

I see your problem dated January, and we are in September.

I am interested in this problem -I encounter the same-, and when I see the technical suggestions to fix the issue I am in doubt.

Thus, can you really confirm that downgrading internet explorer from 11 to 9 -as I have on my desktop- can help on this ?

Moreover, when I go to system requirements page for autodesk I see -even today in september- :

Browser windows Internet explorer 9.0 (or later).

Meaning for me, hopefully the same for others, that IE 9.0 is the basic, and it should work with IE 11.0.

Looking forward any suggestions or other turn around to fix the issue.

Thanks

Message 9 of 10
dembkod
in reply to: frederic.fy

frederic.fy

Hello. The downgrade needs to only be temporary. This works for this issue a LOT – back when it was occurring frequently. There was some IE setting that was incompatible or set wrong. Rolling back the IE version to an earlier one worked. After you activate, you can upgrade the version back to current.

You should only need this downgrade for the initial activation. 

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 10 of 10
cad
Advocate
in reply to: philip.s

Thanks Philp

had a similar issue with installing Revit..  

Solved with downgrading IE.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report