Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk 3DS Max 2012 does not run

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
stutstreme
2650 Views, 6 Replies

Autodesk 3DS Max 2012 does not run

Autodesk 3DS Max 2012 does not run after installing. This is the freeware offered via student account, using the given student activation codes.

I installed 3DS Max 2012, and some of its optional components, typed in the activation code, it said Okay and installed.

When I open the newly added Autodesk 3ds Max 2012 64-bit - English icon on my desktop, it does not run. The mouse cursor spins for like a second and then nothing happens. It doesn't even open any .exe on my proccess's list. 

Help please

Oddly enough, my Autodesk 3DS Max 2011 and 2010 work perfectly.

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version    6.1.7600 Build 7600
Other OS Description     Not Available
OS Manufacturer    Microsoft Corporation
System Name    CARLSON-PC
System Manufacturer    Dell Inc.
System Model    Studio XPS 8000
System Type    x64-based PC
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU         750  @ 2.67GHz, 2660 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date    Dell Inc. A01, 8/11/2009
SMBIOS Version    2.5
Windows Directory    C:\Windows
System Directory    C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device    \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale    People's Republic of China
Hardware Abstraction Layer    Version = "6.1.7600.16385"
User Name    Carlson-PC\Carlson
Time Zone    Eastern Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory    7.99 GB
Available Physical Memory    6.36 GB
Total Virtual Memory    16.0 GB
Available Virtual Memory    13.2 GB
Page File Space    7.99 GB
Page File    C:\pagefile.sys

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: stutstreme

Right-click and run as Administrator.  Or create a new user with local admin rights and try to launch it under that account.  See if it comes up that way.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 7
stutstreme
in reply to: TravisNave

Still does not open when I run as administrator, nothing happening at all other then a spinning cursor for a few secs.

I am on admin account. Please help

Message 4 of 7
stutstreme

bump.

Please help guys, and it isn't really a few seconds of a whirling cursor upon double clicking, its more like for half a second.

Message 5 of 7
kuaeassociates

i also have the same problem..help please....

Message 6 of 7
Ryiel

I am also having this issue, I've deleted and reinstalled like 6 times now. Has anyone found a solution to this yet?

Message 7 of 7

Upadte your windows into the latest version. it may help. by the way, it your windows in not activated or cracked, this type of problem may happen. try to install windose 7 from another source in your computer. or use windows 7. another way you can check your 3ds max 2012 x64 version by installing it into another pc or OS version.

i hope this might help. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report